Judgemental mum during a nappy change :-(

(12 Posts)
CharlotteL789 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:20:08

My DS still is nowhere dry at 3.5 yrs and is still in nappies I'm fairly laid back so it doesn't bother me greatly but this morning changing him in the mum and baby room the last thing I needed was another mum saying he's a big lad to be having a nappy change like that :-(

Why can't people mind their own business.

wobblywonderwoman Fri 17-Mar-17 14:23:10

No she shouldn't have made that comment but I suppose people open their mouth without filtering their thoughts.

That said, it would be good to get him out of them soon which I am sure he will flowers

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 17-Mar-17 14:23:15

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, and they usually stink.

Should've told her to fuck off.

flapjackfairy Fri 17-Mar-17 14:25:18

Ignore. V rude to comment
My son was 3.5 when he finally came out of nappies.
He literally did it overnight and i never had a single accident from him so dont panic x

user1483387861 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:13:10

My DS has only just come out of pull ups/nappies and he is 4.5 years old and the size of a 5 year old! I felt very self conscious about it and worried about people judging me. We had tried to train him when he was 3 years 10 months and we had nothing but accidents and he told me that he didn't want to do it. A week ago, he told me that he wanted to wear big boy pants and a week later, he's dry! We're still working on the poos but he's getting there. It has been so much easier than I expected and he's barely had an accident. I'm so glad that we waited for him to be ready. Other people need to mind their own business!

TheConstantCakeEater Fri 17-Mar-17 21:25:57

Sorry you had a bad experience. My son trained very late (3yrs 10m) but was instantly dry and had very few accidents. They'll get there when they're ready and he's still in a pull up at night at 4yrs 9m

Euripidesralph Fri 17-Mar-17 21:32:22

Judgemental idiots are everywhere try and ignore

My ds1 was completely out of nappies at 3 then his brother was born ....and I promptly ended up in ICU and his brother in special care ....it terrified the poor kid so he relapsed severely and it's taken us until over 4 to get back

When I've had nasty comments I explain why and let them crawl back into their hole

He will get there life's not simple and you're doing the best you can

BrioLover Fri 17-Mar-17 22:06:06

I had this too - funnily enough DH never had any comments hmm

DS didn't train till 3.5 and he's tall and a big conversationalist so people often think he's older.

Mummatron3000 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:08:11

You need to wait til they're ready. Simple as that. You cannot force a child to be toilet trained, it needs to come from them!

paddypants13 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:20:18

She should have minded her own business. I'm sure your ds will cope just fine with potty training when he's good and ready.

WipsGlitter Fri 17-Mar-17 22:57:27

It's reuse to comment but can be hard not to. At my kids swimming lessons a girl of about 7/8 stands there waiting for her mum to dry and dress her. I was shockconfused but realise there may be more afoot. My DS is 7 and I'm nappies as he has SN.

Voice0fReason Fri 17-Mar-17 23:22:09

Some people just can't keep their opinions to themselves!
He will get there when he gets there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now