We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cancer is a bitch

(7 Posts)
Flossiesmummy Thu 16-Mar-17 18:47:46

My friend has cancer. She will not recover.

My four year old knows that Jane (not real name) is very ill. She knows it's serious, but I have not yet told her that Jane is going to die. I can't tell her as Jane's daughter doesn't know yet either.

Can you recommend any books for children around the topic of cancer? I know my daughter is worrying about Jane.

Life can be such a dickhead sometimes. confusedconfusedconfusedsadsadsad

frazzled3ds Thu 16-Mar-17 19:18:01

flowers for you Flossie. I hope you don't mind but I'm posting to see what others suggest - my DF has terminal cancer, I told my boys this morning he has cancer but not that it's terminal, so am interested in finding ways to cross that bridge when we get to it.

Please give your DD a great big hug too x

Newbiecat Thu 16-Mar-17 19:24:03

That is so sad. I signposted s friend to this website after her Dad died for her children - it may have something useful on there?http://www.cruse.org.uk/children

Newbiecat Thu 16-Mar-17 19:24:34

www.cruse.org.uk/children

frazzled3ds Thu 16-Mar-17 20:10:57

Thank you Newbie, that looks really helpful. It's reminded me of another organisation too, Winstons Wish which I think is specifically for bereaved children.

Newbiecat Fri 17-Mar-17 17:37:07

No problem - yes I've heard Winstons Wish good too. Best of luck

WavingNotDrowning Fri 17-Mar-17 17:45:56

Macmillan Cancer Support has a booklet on how to talk to children about cancer. I used it when my children's grand-dad was dying of cancer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now