Talk

Advanced search

Wwyd Nursery

(8 Posts)
Emmac50 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:58:40

So my friend is a nursery manager (not a close pal) and a manager at the nursery that my daughter attends.

Since being there I said to them I wanted her to eat fruit or yoghurt for pudding. They give her cake.

I said she has 2 sleeps some days she wasn't having any

I said she feeds herself and they fed her so now she doesn't feed herself

They had an ofsted report that needed more work.

Now my husband went to drop her off and there were loads of babies and only 2 workers

Supposedly there's a huge turnover of staff as they don't like working there and also another bit of hearsay after speaking with the mothers the other day someone said a child was sitting there eating their lunch with bogies streaming. Also she said loads of parents are taking kids out of there. All hearsay may I add

Taking into account my friend issue, what would you do? I think I need to talk with her outside of the nursery setting and give them a chance or am I too forgiving.

LIZS Thu 16-Mar-17 18:04:13

I would leave your friendship and hearsay aside. They may have been within ratios even with several babies, unless you saw it it is tricky to report. You don't like the way they operate and don't listen to your dc needs. Look for somewhere else.

Emmac50 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:36:34

Thanks you're so right

IamFriedSpam Fri 17-Mar-17 07:39:30

I'd find somewhere else. It doesn't sound like the best nursery (high turnover of staff particularly telling).

DirtyDancing Fri 17-Mar-17 21:58:31

I would either ask for a meeting to outline my concerns; and/ or move my child to another nursery. Based on what you have said I would be moving my child.

Nothing, but nothing more matters than the care you put your child in every week. If I wasn't happy nothing would stop me from prioritising my little one

Cutesbabasmummy Sat 18-Mar-17 21:11:52

I'd take her out and put her in a new nursery! That sounds appalling! Friend or no friend your child is more important

archersfan22 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:08:45

As she is not a close friend I really would not talk to her outside her work setting as that is just likely to be really awkward for both of you (eg if there are factors she knows about but can't discuss fully with you - maybe one or more members of staff have been signed off). Also she shouldn't have to spend her spare time having potentially stressful work-related encounters with parents who happen to know her outside work. If you are concerned ask for a meeting either with her or one of her colleagues in their workplace setting, and/or just move your child.

Lindy2 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:17:18

It doesn't seem like this nursery is a good match for what you want. Have you considered a childminder? I am biased because I am a childminder but I do feel a good childminder provides a much more individual and consistent care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now