Talk

Advanced search

Time off

(3 Posts)
Mumofthree73 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:39:41

I don't work so I feel that I should spend all the time I can with my children when they are not at school or nursery. However, it all gets too much for me sometimes. How much time off do you think is reasonable or have you gone years without a break? I feel so guilty when I'm not with my kids. I would love to know what other parents do??

Doje Wed 15-Mar-17 14:48:06

My DH will take them both my kids out for a day sometimes. Sometimes i ask for a 'day off', sometimes he offers. Realistically, this is about 4 times a year.

Otherwise, I will ditch them both on my parents overnight which is awesome. This is maybe once or twice a year, and they also have them overnight on or near our anniversary so we can go away, or just stay at home and enjoy a lie in.

KatyN Thu 16-Mar-17 21:45:52

We each have a lie in on the weekend. Every weekend until 10am. That isn't much time off but it feels so luxurious to lie in bed with a cuppa.
My husband has one weekend a year off and we go away together two or three times a year without the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now