Talk

Advanced search

6 month old wont take a bottle!

(5 Posts)
kimann Tue 14-Mar-17 22:30:18

Hi all,

I know this has probably done to death and i have done so much research on the 'best' bottles to try and get a baby onto a bottle. i have tried the following; NUK, MAM, Lasinoh MoMMa, Philips Avent, Madela, Sippy cups and more recently, bought a 20 pound mimijumi bottle who claim to be so ago that they offer a full money back guarantee if your baby doesnt take to it. He's so far refused ALL.

Now, usually i would just say ok fine - he's just like his sister (daughter didn't take to a bottle till just before 1 and yes, we struggled with that too!) but i have friends flying in from Dubai in 3 weeks and they want to go out for dinner one night, which, to be honest, me and my husband would love to go. My dilemma is this - what will happen if i can't get him onto a bottle in 3 weeks? We've been trying for a good month (off and on) He's recently started on solids (not going that well but only really started trying last week)

Do you think if he eats proper meals (I'm hoping he gets better at the weaning!) in 3 weeks, then even if he refuses a bottle with the babysitter he will be fine?

Or should i just cancel the meal?confused

DaaMamma Tue 14-Mar-17 22:39:59

Go for the dinner and hope for the best? ( returning home if you absolutely have to)
I had similar and wasted so much time, money on energy on bottles. In the end she took it from someone else when I wasn't there (it wasn't a dummy run, it was the real thing and I was away for the night. I swear even a dummy run she would somehow have known!)
And a month or two she not only would take bottles, she'd become quite obsessed with other babies' bottles. Same for dummies and Calpol.
If I had my time again I wouldn't waste my time because nothing I did got her there. Story of my life really. Same for sleep.
Good luck

DaaMamma Tue 14-Mar-17 22:42:24

Go for the dinner and hope for the best? ( returning home if you absolutely have to)

I had similar and wasted so much time, money, tears and energy on bottles. In the end she took it from someone else when I wasn't there (it wasn't a dummy run, it was the real thing and I was away for the night. I swear even a dummy run she would somehow have known!)
And a month or two after that she not only would take bottles, she'd suddenly become quite obsessed with other babies' bottles. Same for dummies and Calpol.
If I had my time again I wouldn't waste my time because nothing I did got her there. Story of my life with babies really. Same for sleep.
Good luck!

Rinceoir Tue 14-Mar-17 22:47:49

Nothing I did (or anyone else did!) convinced DD to take a bottle. Or eat. But at that age she was actually fine if I went out for a few hours- she just seemed to accept that if I wasn't there she had to wait. She would take water no problem though!

kimann Tue 14-Mar-17 22:50:46

Thank ladies. I will keep trying with the bottle but I'm also hoping that he takes to eating soon so at least I will have piece of mind if I do go out that he is full and not going to starve. I really do hope he takes to the bottle though - I've spent so much money on so many types! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now