Talk

Advanced search

Sickness bug....did they catch it from me or is this something different?

(5 Posts)
Jrobhatch29 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:58:38

Ok so I'm a primary school teacher and a bug has been going around my class! On Tuesday night I started feeling a bit iffy but went to bed. Woke up at 3Am vomiting and diarrhea for the next few hours then felt like I had flu for the next 24-48 hours. I kept waiting for my partner and our two little boys to come down it it but they didn't. I know that it's usually within 72 hours.
On Thursday our youngest son (1) had one loose nappy, VERY cranky and covered in a viral rash. Could this have been the bug?

My main reason for this post is that today (Sunday) my partner and our oldest son (4) both started vomiting within a few hours of eachother. Is this likely to be the same virus I had even though I came down It on weenesday morning and it's now Sunday? My partner started vomiting at 3pm and my son at 7.30pm, so they obviously caught this bug at roughly the same time?

Just trying to work out if they caught it from me or if this could be a new bug!

Thank you

CurlsLDN Sun 12-Mar-17 21:00:07

Does it matter? I don't think anyone ever really knows who caught what from where, they could have just as easily picked it up from the supermarket trolley!

MoonlightMedicine Sun 12-Mar-17 21:01:39

Yes I'd say it's the same bug. Hopefully that's it now then and you can all get better and build yourselves up again. Sick bugs are horrid.

Jrobhatch29 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:04:12

It does matter really as I already took 3 days off work when I was poorly and have had to call my boss and ask for a stuck Day tomorrow as I have nobody to watch my children now that they're dad is ill. I'm worried it's something different and I'm likely to catch it meaning more time off work x

tessiebear4 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:21:12

Probably the same thing. Similar thing went through our house over the space of 6 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now