Talk

Advanced search

Lie flat car seat from newborn

(14 Posts)
plotisgone Sun 12-Mar-17 16:21:30

I'm expecting my first baby and looking for reviews from anyone who uses a lie flat car seat. We regularly travel around 6 hours (2 hours is the maximum time recommended for regular car seat) and although we stop for breaks, it's still more ideal to have a lie flat but can't find any locally!

MotherofA Sun 12-Mar-17 16:32:48

My friend had the Cybex car seat which lays flat and she used this instead of a carry cot on her pram also . smile

skippythebushkangarootoo Sun 12-Mar-17 16:36:21

We had the Jane matrix 2 light which lies flat in the car, rear faces until 18 months and can be used as a carrycot x

twinmamma2b Sun 12-Mar-17 23:17:07

We have the Kiddy Lunarfix which also has a lie back option. So far, it has been great. We have found, however, that these seats are pretty big to allow for the reclining so you need a decent space behind the front seat.

engineersthumb Sun 12-Mar-17 23:24:43

We used a Jane one. They have some end of stock, as the rest of the travelast system is unavailable they are selling them off for £40. They meet all the required regulations (I checked) and seemed really secure.

engineersthumb Sun 12-Mar-17 23:25:50

We used a Jane one. They have some end of stock, as the rest of the travelast system is unavailable they are selling them off for £40. They meet all the required regulations (I checked) and seemed really secure.

plotisgone Mon 13-Mar-17 06:59:11

Engineersthumb where can you get these for £40?! I've looked but can't see any online for that price at all.

Thank you everyone for your replies xx

engineersthumb Mon 13-Mar-17 07:12:09

I'll ask my wife for the link and post tonight.

Heirhelp Mon 13-Mar-17 07:12:48

The advice for under 5 weeks has changed.

To be honest I very much doubt you would get a young baby to sleep that long and you will need to stop regularly to feed and change the baby.

I would be carefully to check some independent tests as just because it passes all the market tests does not mean it is a particularly safe seat.

plotisgone Mon 13-Mar-17 07:47:33

Yes, as I say in the OP we do stop for breaks but driving is stressful enough without the added worry of the baby being in a regular car seat designed for 2 hour maximum, we have been stuck in traffic for that long before with hardly any movement - best to be prepared for things like that beforehand IMO.

Notso Mon 13-Mar-17 08:01:09

It's been a while since I shopped for car seats but the Britax baby safe sleeper looked good when I was researching. It clips onto a pram base too.

Notso Mon 13-Mar-17 08:01:18

It's been a while since I shopped for car seats but the Britax baby safe sleeper looked good when I was researching. It clips onto a pram base too.

TiddlesUpATree Mon 13-Mar-17 08:03:23

We had a lie flat for our oldest. Think it was a britax. Was good for long journeys but we bought s standard one as well for most journeys as I didn't feel he was as well strapped in. His head moved around quite a lot.

engineersthumb Mon 13-Mar-17 18:35:51

The seat we used was a Nurse Capazo Carrycot. I think that this is a Jane model. Looks as though it's now sold out though. I checked into its certification and market testing and it faired well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now