Recommendations for travel cots

(11 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:10:04

My baby is outgrowing her snuzpod crib but too young to go into her cotbed in the nursery room. Please can I have recommendations for a travel cot? Do I need to buy a separate mattress for it? I'd like one that is great for packing up in the car too when visiting family.

Dottylottiesmum Sun 12-Mar-17 17:15:18

Hello, I recommend this, it has been brilliant. We still use it at 20 months. The mattress is ok but we did buy a better one which is very comfortable!

m.johnlewis.com/nuna-sena-travel-cot-night/p/1559310?sku=233749215&s_kwcid=2dx92700016891602506&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CMif0Me70dICFUUq0wod-UQGUQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

eurochick Sun 12-Mar-17 17:16:46

We have a Red Kite. It is widely travelled and was used recently. Our daughter is now two and a half.

Rainshowers Sun 12-Mar-17 17:19:54

We also have the Nuna one. Used it for the last time at Christmas so DD was just over two and a half. I think they offer two sizes, we went for the larger one.

Pipsicola Sun 12-Mar-17 18:37:46

For me the most important thing is the mattress. So many (of many different brands) have frankly terrible mattresses included. Ive got a really cheap mothercare own brand cot, which is perfectly functional but spent money on getting a better mattress.

Craftycakey15 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:14:15

Thank you! I've heard the mattresses aren't great with travel cots. What type of mattress did you then buy and from where? Good sleep is so important for babies and their tired parents!

Clutterbugsmum Sun 12-Mar-17 22:12:28

Like Pepsicola I bought a mattress for our travel cot so DC could sleep better.

I got our one from Mothercare, a normal size cot mattress and just used a bread knife and cut the extra off.

I found the travel mattress to thin.

Dottylottiesmum Sun 12-Mar-17 23:21:23

If you did want to buy the Luna sena I bought an additional mattress from here.

babymattressesonline.co.uk/travel-cot-mattress-to-fit-nuna-sena

kel1493 Sun 12-Mar-17 23:29:00

We have a graco contour Electra travel cot. I liked it mostly be is sit is multi level, so lo was higher up like in his main cot at first.
We got a fold up mattress from Mothercare for it. Works a treat.

Lunalovepud Mon 13-Mar-17 16:26:31

Babu Bjorn - not cheap but light, easy to assemble and dismantle and mattress is really soft. Plus, if you use a movement sensor it works just underneath the cot on the floor. Really great.

Pipsicola Mon 13-Mar-17 18:07:05

I bought an extra mattress from mothercare (cost almost as much as the cot) but lots of places do them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now