Talk

Advanced search

Does it sound like reflux?

(8 Posts)
Beemommy Sat 11-Mar-17 01:43:25

Hello!

Hope anyone can help and see if your DCs have similar symptoms. I am recently staring to believe DS had silent reflux which has gone undiagnosed by our doctor. He is now 14 months and keeps waking up screaming in the night. It is not separation anxiety as he cries even when in our bed. It is not teething either as I have tried giving him painkillers before bed with no difference at all.

DS is mainly content in the daytime and during naps but screams and cries multiple times during the night

He constantly (especially during the night) vigorously rubs his nose

He sometimes wakes up asking for water and seems very thirsty

He wakes up and stays awake up to two hours until totally exhausted

He sticks out his tongue as there is a hair on it and tries to scratch it but obviously there is nothing in there

He cries if he loses his pacifier but after I put it back he just spits it again after 1 minute

He has some wet burps after he eats and also he has got hiccups every time he laughs (I don't know if that means anything)

He has quit breastfeeding when he was 10 months and has never taken a bottle ever since ( it seemed to me that he didn't like the idea of eating in a horizontal position)

He also has a history of reflux as a baby but that seemed to be gone at 4 months as he wasn't spitting up anymore.

And advice appreciated.

DesignedForLife Sat 11-Mar-17 11:00:28

Does he have any milk? 14 months is young to stop milk feeds totally, could he be thirsty then struggling to get back to sleep after the disruption? Could he be having bad dreams?

Beemommy Sat 11-Mar-17 12:37:55

No he just drinks some milk and yoghurt during the day but since he stopped breastfeeding he actually slept through the night. He never wanted to have anything to do with milk anymore as much as I tried.

Sometimes he only cries when he loses his dummy but sometimes screams and u can see something is really bothering him. He has some good nights and bad ones so if he would be thirsty that would apply every time.
Also the bad dreams wouldn't be too often I assume. Probably once a week not few nights in a row.

Beemommy Sun 12-Mar-17 01:50:13

Anyone with reflux babies/toddlers?blush

DesignedForLife Sun 12-Mar-17 03:35:08

I don't know, I think from what you'd describe I'd call the HVor GP. Every night sounds like something isn't right to me.

Heirhelp Sun 12-Mar-17 15:52:46

Babies especially at 10 month olds should be sat up for bottles.

My daughter had reflux but out grow it at 6/7 months.

I agree with others that you need to see your GP but try googling night terrors.

Beemommy Sun 12-Mar-17 17:04:04

Thanks for the replies...
Well I was exclusively breastfeeding so sitting him up wasn't a very comfortable position for us.
I have been to several paediatricians and an allergy doctor but they haven't found anything wrong with him... they just say it's either teething or separation anxiety but I know it's none of it...
14 months not too early for night terrors?

Cutesbabasmummy Mon 13-Mar-17 21:16:00

My DS now age 2 had severe reflux. Everyone we laid him down milk came up and dribbled put of his mouth. He would also cough and struggle to breathe sometimes. Your baby doesn't sound like he has reflux to me bit I would see your gp x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now