Talk

Advanced search

9 year old is 'lazy'

(3 Posts)
wtf2015 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:01:53

Heartbroken tonight.... my lovely, slightly chubby, kind and caring 9 year old daughter has been crying as someone told her that she is fat at school. She is overweight. She knows it. She said she doesn't want to be fat and lazy any more. She said sometimes she is too lazy to go to the loo so she holds on. How do I encourage activity in a child who has become inactive and overweight and therefore for her to be active is actually bloody hard work? Also a single mum with 3 other DC and work full time. She wants to change but seems scared to start.

Coconut0il Sat 11-Mar-17 15:51:21

Sounds upsetting for you both OP. But she's only 9 and if she realises it's a problem you can start helping straight away. Healthy diet, more movement. It's the right time of year to start too with the lighter nights coming. Get out walking, go to the park, swimming. Could she join a class? Dancing maybe? I've seen trampoline classes advertised.
We don't do enough activity as a family but walking is the quickest and easiest.

mrselizabethdarcy Sat 11-Mar-17 15:53:25

My her goes out to you op as I'm in the same sort of situation. Am watching with interest (hope that's ok)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now