Talk

Advanced search

bottle feeding and airport security

(6 Posts)
Bumplovin Fri 10-Mar-17 18:11:01

Hi just wondering for those that have bottle fed and flown abroad what happens about taking liquids on board. My daughter is on prescribed milk from the doctors so I can't take ready made bottles. I will need to take a flask of boiling water and some cooled boiled water and a tin of baby piercer which will need to be open at the airport. Will I be allowed to take this through customs will I be beat getting a note from my health visitor to explain or do the make allowances in liquids for this . Thanks (first time mum)

Bumplovin Fri 10-Mar-17 18:11:31

Tin of baby powder*

mimiholls Fri 10-Mar-17 21:47:42

Hmm I don't know about taking formula through that isn't made up. If it is made up you can take as much as you like. You can always get boiling water the other side of security/on the plane if not...

Bumplovin Fri 10-Mar-17 22:40:47

Thanks I could get the boiling water from cafe on other side of security. He formula is on prescription so I guess would be classed as a medicine if I take the prescription with me

Caterina99 Sat 11-Mar-17 00:57:42

I've flown several times and had no problems taking powder formula through. They are only bothered about liquids, and even then you should be able to take your water no problem because it's for the baby. You can take as much powder as you want

Squaffle Sat 11-Mar-17 14:50:26

We flew last month with no probs at security: I had a couple of sterilised bottles of cooled boiled water, as well as some in my DDs sippy cup. I also had pre-measured formula powder in Tommee Tippee pots and some home-cooked baby food. They took it all away to test it but I didn't see what they did. Maybe try googling the airport you're flying from to see what their specific rules are. Mine said I might be asked to drink the water in front of them but I wasn't. Good luck and enjoy your trip smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now