Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to prevent soreness on my dd from not wiping properly

(7 Posts)
Honey1975 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:35:02

My dd is 4.5 and has just started school. She often says it's sore below and when I've checked it is sometimes red on the outer part. I think it's because she's not wiping herself thoroughly enough after going to the toilet. I've applied sudocreme which helps but how can I prevent this happening when she's at school and goes to the toilet?
Also we have reduced the number of baths she has as she has dry skin but maybe she needs one more often.

Any suggestions please?

braveboots Thu 23-Mar-17 17:53:01

Having same issue with 3.5yr old at nursery. She tends to take a single sheet of loo roll which then more or less bypasses the region and goes straight down the toilet. I'm trying to get her to take a larger piece of tissue and have had some success with getting her to dab dab dab rather than wipe iyswim as she can feel that she's done it and enjoys the counting. For dry skin after baths try adding Aveeno bath - used it for dd chickenpox and tried it myself, brilliant on my dry skin. Also try aqueous cream rather than soap.

Theaprilfool Thu 23-Mar-17 19:07:05

Give her a quick wipe when she gets home from school, it's not ideal but better than nothing.

BellaGoth Thu 23-Mar-17 19:09:29

My DS is 4.2 and we've been having the same problem. We've recently had a little chat and I've told him that he keeps wiping with a fresh piece of loo roll, until he can see no more poo on the paper. He seems to be getting the hang of it now!

bitteroldhag Thu 23-Mar-17 19:28:08

Wipe for her at home and give her a quick bath every night after school. You can also get her to pat dry with the paper at school rather than 'rub' I honestly think this idea they need to be independent in this area at 4 is so damaging. It's not your fault of course, it's school rules.

FirstSeemItThenBeIt Fri 24-Mar-17 14:29:11

I think this is one of those things that just improves as they get older.

I'd just keep plonking her in regular baths and a bit of cream and never get bored of reminding her how to do it properly bored of hearing myself.

Afreshstartplease Fri 24-Mar-17 14:35:02

Also been having this issue with DD 3.11

I think frequent baths help as I've noticed its worse when she doesn't have one for a couple of days

Oilatum bath stuff is good for dry skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now