Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which dummy should I buy?

(13 Posts)
cakeandteajustforme Thu 09-Mar-17 20:23:49

Attempting to get my 13 week old to sleep without a boob is proving challenging. Which dummy worked best for your DC?

Whatsername17 Thu 09-Mar-17 20:32:00

The mam ones worked bet for us. Dd2 is ebf and that's the only one she will take, albeit intermittently.

HalfCarrot Thu 09-Mar-17 20:51:30

DD will have any but likes mam best too, also ebf fwiw. I prefer the avent ones but apparently it's not my decision sad

AppleFlapjack Thu 09-Mar-17 20:56:56

DD would only take mam, I think the shape of them. I bought some boots own brand ones recently though as they looked a similar shape and were only £2 a pot and she took them fine!

Notso Thu 09-Mar-17 20:59:55

The best advice I had for choosing dummy's and bottle teats for a breastfed baby was to look at your nipple shape after the baby has unlatched and pick the closest shape. Also warm the teat before you give it, and persevere, dummy's rule IMO.

ODog Thu 09-Mar-17 21:04:19

I've never compared my nipple shape to a dummy test. DS liked the tiny 0-2 mam ones. DD liked the massive TT cherry teat Ines. I hope my nipples don't look like either of those. It's trial and error. They get less fussy after they are properly hooked!

HalfCarrot Thu 09-Mar-17 21:04:27

DD second choice is NUK and Christ I hope my nipples don't look like that.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Thu 09-Mar-17 21:05:27

MAM were the only ones my bf DD accepted, (would only accept mam bottles aswell). We later discovered the advent ones were acceptable, the teats on the two types are almost identical but to begin with it was only the MAM ones.

fruitpastille Thu 09-Mar-17 21:07:51

Get the ones that will be most widely available to buy in an emergency when you really need one but have forgotten! DS liked ones that were really hard to come by. I learned my lesson and stuck with avent for DD.

cakeandteajustforme Fri 10-Mar-17 08:03:48

Thanks all! <surreptitiously compares nipple to shape of mam teat on Ocado...>

JagerPlease Fri 10-Mar-17 09:26:43

DS 6mo (ebf) likes avent, wouldn't take cherry shaped ones. I'm just grateful they're often included in the aldi baby event!

ShoeJunkie Fri 10-Mar-17 09:29:32

DS liked the Tommee Tippee orthodontic ones (also ebf)

willitbe Fri 10-Mar-17 15:22:29

Two of my children would only take the cherry teat shape, the third I never gave the option, as they took to the cherry teat straight away. All three breastfed. I think it is totally personal to the child, it will be trial and error as to shape, but do try warm and cool teat, also stroking cheek to encourage sucking. Takes some patience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now