Talk

Advanced search

On mat leave with 2 under 2, what do you do?

(8 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 09-Mar-17 12:24:50

Ds1 19 months, ds2 3.5 weeks. I was ready to leave the house by 8am today. Ds2 has reflux so struggle to put him down, he's massive so I can't have him in the sling all day. Ds1 doesn't sit still much, doesn't watch telly.

Give me a clue! Went to baby group, came home, walked ds1, carried ds2, then put ds1 in pushchair on the way home and he's asleep.

7 hrs til bedtime........

2014newme Thu 09-Mar-17 12:30:38

Library
Soft play
More baby groups, peeps is good ask tour hv
Invite a friend over
Park
Garden
Nip to shops

It is groundhog day I agree. Putting the radio on helps. As does hanging out with others in same boat

Nottalotta Thu 09-Mar-17 12:39:56

The days are stretching ahead. At least with ds1 I could sit about cuddling him. No such luxury this time!

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 09-Mar-17 13:47:03

I always get them to a playgroup or a class for DD in the mornings and then get out for a walk/ride on her bike/trip to the shop in the afternoons. I'll either put DS in the sling or use the double buggy and make sure DD walks part of the way to tire her out. Then I count down to 5 so I can start preparing tea and feel like the day is almost over!

DD is in nursery for 2 days though so that means I've only got 3 days to get through!

I thought I'd be able to do more craft, playdough, baking etc with DD but no chance! Maybe in a couple of months.

daisygirlmac Thu 09-Mar-17 13:50:19

Where are you notta? I'd love to come and eat cake with a fellow MNetter, my DS is 4 weeks and also huge grin

ODog Thu 09-Mar-17 14:15:29

I had a 23m gap. Firstly, no 3.5wk old is too massive for a sling all day. You just need the right sling. Get yourself to a sling library and find something comfy as it will save your life. I had my 10mo in a sling all morning while I romped around the woods with DS.

We try to do something in the morning such as:

Toddler group
Rhyme time
Woods/beach/park
Food shopping
Play date
Soft play/trampoline park
Farm

Then home for lunch and naps and a quieter afternoon for:

General playing
Arts and crafts
Chores
Baking cakes
Play in garden

I'm 10m in and it really has flown this time!

Nottalotta Thu 09-Mar-17 15:49:50

daisy Norfolk if you're ever passing!

I've got a bad back so am struggling with carrying. I mucked out horses every day with ds1 in a sling til he was 8 months old but c ax nt manage ds2 all day. No local sling library sadly. he's very long and out ofv0-3 month clothes already.

daisygirlmac Thu 09-Mar-17 21:23:33

Damn I'm in Cumbria. I'm also struggling with DS in a sling, I have horrible sciatica left over from pregnancy and it's so painful to carry him for long periods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now