Talk

Advanced search

5th birthday pressies for a boy

(11 Posts)
Frances44 Wed 08-Mar-17 15:05:32

Feeling very pregnant and completely lacking in inspiration for birthday presents for my 5 year old boy. I'm expecting DC4 around his May birthday and so am trying to ensure we make it special for him. I'm in the process of organising a big party, all good, but drawing a complete blank on pressies. I had thought a drum kit but realised not ideal with a newborn in the house 😬 He has the usual combines and tractors, and already has a bit of Lego. Any ideas gratefully received xxx

MelinaMercury Wed 08-Mar-17 16:51:44

Is there anything he particularly likes doing or playing with?

My son loves trains so we got him a Hornby set for his 5th birthday as it was something special to him.

Frances44 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:20:08

His current thing is playing outside. But as he's our third, it's difficult to know what to get him next in terms of outdoor stuff - we already have a swing, trampoline, sandpit etc! I'll look into Hornby train sets though - he does love anything like that. Thank you for replying!

Justmuddlingalong Wed 08-Mar-17 20:24:37

Playmobil?

MelinaMercury Wed 08-Mar-17 20:27:04

Aah it awkward by that stage isn't it?!

How about a tent and explorer set? We got DS a basic 2 man tent from Tesco, a mini explorer rucksack thing (Argos set? Came with camo watch/binoculars etc) and a bug catcher/viewing kit one year.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:27:54

Scooter?

Frances44 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:41:31

Thank you for ideas! Bug catcher/viewing kit sounds perfect - I'll go with that and maybe an explorer's outfit if I can find one! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

BlueChampagne Thu 09-Mar-17 13:20:31

Swingball

uhoh2016 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:08:38

Bike / scooter/ football nets/ basketball hoop/ heelys/ lego/ imaginext/ ds console/ dressing up costumes

waterrat Thu 09-Mar-17 21:19:34

My son absolutely loves imaginext - plays with it for hours - loves the little men and gets lost in his imagination - highly recommend all their stuff - batman/ the planes/ everything goes down well.

love the 2 man tent idea...

Moanyoldcow Fri 10-Mar-17 13:48:02

My 4 year old has just got a space hopper and adores it. Also, Brio and remote controlled toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now