Talk

Advanced search

Feeling overwhelmed

(10 Posts)
whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Wed 08-Mar-17 12:28:56

I really feel as though things are getting on top of me at the minute, I've a few family problems where they are suffering with their health! My father had a heart attack at the weekend and is in hospital 300miles away and my partner is ill and off work!

We have a 3 month old DD who has been a Velcro baby the past few weeks! A dog that is very clingy and a house that is just a down right mess!

Because my partner is so ill I'm having to do everything, i know that a lot of women cope doing everything but I just feel so overwhelmed with everything! I'm struggling to get our daughter to take any milk and she will only nap for longer than 20mins while being held! I'm currently sat here cuddling sleeping daughter busting for a pee, knowing the dog still needs to go out and the kitchen is a mess and need to make lunch!!! Arregggghhh

Sorry I just needed a rant

Heinousfauxpas Wed 08-Mar-17 19:25:48

Rant away. That is one heck of a lot going on at once you poor thing. How is your DF doing? Are they able to put a stent/stents in for him? There's so much that can be done to get people up and running again after a heart attack these days.
I wish I could wave a wand and have everything sort itself out right away. If a good rant helps then keep ranting. It's fair enough under the circumstances.

arbrighton Wed 08-Mar-17 19:43:57

Will baby sleep in a sling so you can move/use hands?

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Wed 08-Mar-17 21:26:34

fauxpas DF isn't doing too bad he's had a stent fitted, it just sucks being so far away! I'm seeing them at Easter but that just seems so far away!
DP has another appointment with doctor tomorrow and they will probably want to send him to hospital again, which again he'll refuse!
I've just managed to get out for 5 mins to walk the dog but was told 'don't be long' as DD won't settle!
I just don't know what to do, I just want to cry but I've got to keep it together because DD needs looking after!
My HV is useless too, I rang her today because I was worried that DD wasn't taking enough milk, her solution-just give her calpol she's teething!!!
She will sleep in a sling but I find it hard to get jobs done as I find it cumbersome
😢😢😢

Heinousfauxpas Wed 08-Mar-17 22:12:38

So good that your DF has a stent fitted. But yes, I bet you do feel pretty helpless so far away sad
It's ok to have a cry. It's how we release our emotions and it might help so don't bottle it up.
HVs advice can seem so haphazard sometimes. And every one you ask the same question of will give a different set of answers! Not easy to know what to do when you get such contradictory opinions.
I really hope your DF keeps on feeling brighter (stents make a huge difference) and that DPs appt tomorrow is as good as possible. Really feel for you. Life is hard and knackering enough with a young baby at the best of times. And this sounds a long way off the best of times. Keep going and keep whinging if it's any help.

Nottalotta Thu 09-Mar-17 12:44:29

I would walk the dog with dd in the sling. Dog gets a decent walk and baby gets a decent nap.

Do you mind saying what's wrong with dp? Can't he do anything at all (like wash up while you walk the dog?)

Can you talk to him about hospital. It's not fair on him to refuse to go if he needs to, when you are stuck doing everything for all of you.

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Thu 09-Mar-17 14:16:09

lotta
I have taken DD out today in the sling with dog, it's the evening I'm worried about as she's ready for bed by the time he's ready to go out! I'm feeling a bit brighter today as DF is home!
DP has a perforated stomach ulcer, I've spoken to him and he's agreed if he needs to go to hospital he will go!

Heinousfauxpas Thu 09-Mar-17 18:23:22

Really glad your DF is home. Stenting has a very good track record for safety and for improving quality of life and health. Hope he makes a good recovery.

I hope it's also a bit of a help that DP will now go to hospital if necessary, even though an admission is going to be stressful for you all.
I don't suppose there's anyone who could look after your dog for a bit while things are so stressful? Then you'd not have the pressure of needing to take him out multiple times a day?

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Thu 09-Mar-17 18:36:34

faux we are currently on our way to the hospital! He didn't kick up a stink about having to go, he knows it's for the best!
When I spoke to DF this morning he sounded really well which has made things seem a bit brighter!

Unfortunately we don't really know anyone here as we have just moved to the area, but things won't be too bad I'm sure! I just hope DP doesn't have to stay in for too long

Heinousfauxpas Thu 09-Mar-17 19:10:39

Oh gosh, you've got one out of hospital and one going in! Really glad he's gone without a fight though which is one less thing to have to deal with. I really hope they can get him sorted soon and he's also home again soon. Your DF being back home sounds a relief. Hope you feel better after talking to him and hearing him sounding chipper. Those stents are flipping miracle things!
Lots of luck with DP. Just do the absolute essentials in the house and with your dog. You have a heck of a lot on your plate so try and take any shortcuts you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now