Talk

Advanced search

Nursery nerves

(4 Posts)
ironmanslady Wed 08-Mar-17 11:51:44

I'm so overly anxious, my DS is going nursery for a whole 8 hours tomorrow, he's had settling in sessions and been fine but a whole 8 hours. My nerves are in overdrive he's 2 and a half. I know he'll love it and be fine but what if he has a big tantrum or behaves badly what if they think I'm a bad parent? I've never done this before, I'm a mess sad
Someone talk me down and tell me this is normal to feel like this and I'm not the only one.

Thisrabbitthatrabbit Wed 08-Mar-17 12:35:44

He will be fine. Can you call them about half way through the day to check how he's doing? I did this the first few times and found it very reassuring. They will not think you are a bad parent if he has a tantrum, tantrums are actually one of the developmental milestones that children are supposed to hit according to the EYFS.

ironmanslady Wed 08-Mar-17 13:56:03

Thank you smile I think I will call them to see how he's getting on tomorrow, the last settling in session he was okay and when I can to pick him up he ran out and gave me a big cuddle which was nice going 'mumma back' just hope he doesn't think I'm not coming back as it's all day

Thisrabbitthatrabbit Wed 08-Mar-17 14:21:51

They will reassure him a lot and if he's able to understand 'mummy after dinner' then that usually helps children understand. He'll soon be running off without a second glance grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now