Talk

Advanced search

Which age did you enjoy most?

(16 Posts)
Twentyten2010 Mon 06-Mar-17 08:41:22

I have a five week old DS (my first) and I've had such a range of comments from people - enjoy the newborn snuggles, they're the best, babies are boring, they're much more entertaining, I didn't really enjoy my kids til they were older etc...

So what age did you enjoy most (or least if you want to go there!)

SuperBeagle Mon 06-Mar-17 08:47:11

5 to 6 years old with both of mine who have been that age (DS2 is now almost 6). It's a fun age. They're just at "big school", a bit more independent, but still sweet and cuddly. Generally they've outgrown the tantrumming etc. Just more agreeable all around, and real little people, having conversations, lots of excitement and wonder and learning lots!

2-3 is the worst, IMO. 3 more so than 2.

AnotherYellowBelly Mon 06-Mar-17 09:15:20

I'm really enjoying 3, dc can talk , is more independent in feeding himself, using the potty, getting in his car seat, playing.

AnotherYellowBelly Mon 06-Mar-17 09:15:53

Like pp said I love his wonder and excitement at everything !

cushioncovers Mon 06-Mar-17 09:17:28

When mine were 8 and 10 years old.

runninglikemad Mon 06-Mar-17 09:19:10

Mine are mid teens now and I've loved every stage but would say now is even better as you can have great conversations with them. Babies are hard work, toddlers omg. Wouldn't go back there I have to say.

GummyGoddess Mon 06-Mar-17 09:48:16

I only have a 5 month old but he gets more interesting the older he is. I'm actually looking forward to the toddler stage as I think it will be really fun despite probable tantrums.

Tweedledumb0 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:53:21

Children generally, I think 1 to 4 is amazing... They're discovering and developing so much, and are so themselves, not worrying what others think.

My own kids, I think there's good and bad to every stage. I don't have a favourite stage with them, because they're always developing, I'm getting to know them better/differently. I can't view it in quite the same way. (A rare Zen moment there grin)

DramaAlpaca Mon 06-Mar-17 09:54:27

Teens. Yes, really grin

lljkk Mon 06-Mar-17 09:55:06

12 yr olds are the best... although I wonder if there's a X-sex chemistry in that. DD at 12yo wasn't as good for me as the boys... but DH really bonded with her at that age (they have the same sick twisted sense of humour).

6 yr olds are the absolute pits ime.

(imho) ickle babies are adorable but they really are boring slugs otherwise.

My dad says that 5 & 8yo are very good ages, too.

HandsomeDevil Mon 06-Mar-17 09:58:05

I am RUBBISH with small babies. All that colic/sleep deprivation just floors me.

I really love toddlers/preschoolers from about 2-5 though.They're so sweet and funny, and I am am pretty cool with tantrums.

That being said, mine are both now at primary school and it's probably the easiest bit so far, even if they're not quite as cute and funny.

Ride Mon 06-Mar-17 09:58:42

1-4 definitely, the wonder of everything!

toomanypetals Mon 06-Mar-17 17:26:26

Mine are 11, 8 and 3

Each stage has brought joy and challenges! I think toddlerhood is very exhausting, repetitive and frustrating at times though.

kiki22 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:27:52

Ds1 every stage from 11 months on the best but was when he just started being able to hold a convo and now he's just started school he's changed so much and is so funny acting like a big kid.
Ds2 is only 6 months but I've enjoyed it all so far.
My neice is 10 now and she's been pretty great apart from around 3 she was hard work then, now she's bigger we can chat about music TV movie clothes and actually be on a similar lever it's pretty awesome.

Brenda21 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:38:57

I have a big gap between mine, but when dd was 7 and ds was 2 was particularly lovely. A sort of magical time.
And have enjoyed both of them at 14+. I never really believed my mum when she said she enjoyed us most as teenagers, but I completely get that now. So interesting, I like their friends, I like that they are independent to a certain extent but still need me. I actually feel more human, that they see me as a person not just their mum. Which makes for a more balanced relationship.
Some stages I found particularly hard (ds was very anxious between about 5 and 8 which was terribly hard, quite a strain on everyone) and dd was pretty tricky from 12-14. But you quickly forget smile

missyB1 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:41:54

0 -5 years, I absolutely love the baby and toddler stages. If I had to pick a particular age I would say 3 years old, mine were all good talkers at that age and very affectionate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now