Talk

Advanced search

Vaping around 6 week old baby

(7 Posts)
Hyland Sun 05-Mar-17 21:23:18

Me and my partner do not smoke.

His parents vape and i was shocked they they have done this twice around our baby, on the last two visits.

What is everyones opinons of this.

I am not happy for this to continue but I am worried about their reaction and his.

Beansprout30 Sun 05-Mar-17 22:07:23

I wouldn't be happy with this and I'm surprised they think nothing of it!

Sparklyuggs Mon 06-Mar-17 07:25:25

I wouldn't be happy, especially a six week old. Your partner needs to tell them it isn't acceptable.

RNBrie Mon 06-Mar-17 07:34:24

E cigarette vapour has around the same level of harmful components as ambient air - its mostly just water. So your baby is very unlikely to be harmed by the vapour any more than they are by breathing anywhere else. (I am an ex smoker and have never smoked e cigarettes but I find the science interesting and wish they'd been around when I gave up smoking).

That said, it's your baby so your choice. Raise it gently with your dh and explain your concerns and see what he says.

Iinventedpostits Mon 06-Mar-17 13:00:40

I wouldn't be happy about it. My DP vapes but he tends to go outside. It's the bit knowing exactly what is on them that worries me.

Iinventedpostits Mon 06-Mar-17 13:00:59

** not knowing what is in them.

Wolfiefan Mon 06-Mar-17 13:04:15

I don't believe vaping has been around long enough to know just how safe it is or isn't. I wouldn't have someone vaping in my house or whilst in the same room as my baby. If they come to your house then it's your rules. Don't go to theirs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now