Talk

Advanced search

Babysitter for 6 week old

(5 Posts)
user1465146157 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:22:03

I need a babysitter for around 5 hours but my baby is only going to be 5 weeks old at the time she's being looked after

Worried about leaving her with a stranger this early but literally have no one around to help

Is this okay? As long as it's a trusted vetted person?

Feel guilty already and also worried in case something happened

Is it too early to leave her?

ThermoScan Wed 01-Mar-17 22:25:51

I did this once & left them in a crèche at a wedding at 6 weeks.It was fine.Baby was breastfed & they texted me to come & feed once. If you are bottle feeding even easier.

GallivantingWildebeest Wed 01-Mar-17 22:26:06

Is she bottle fed? If bf, will she take a bottle?

It is very early to leave her, yes, but if you have no other options, then it is what it is. Make sure you use a reputable organisation like Sitters. She will be fine.

NerrSnerr Wed 01-Mar-17 22:29:14

Is she bottle or breast fed? If breastfed would she take a bottle. You also may need to express in the time away- I know at 5 weeks I would have needed to.

Personally I would have found it too stressful and logistically a pain (expressing enough beforehand, expressing during the time away) but I know others who would have been fine with it.

user1465146157 Fri 03-Mar-17 06:46:17

Thanks all
She's bottle fed so not a problem
Just concerned it's early to leave her and also having never used a babysitter before I'm worried about that too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now