Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Not being the stay at Home parent/Full time working mums

(4 Posts)
AllTheGlitters Tue 28-Feb-17 15:01:49

Hi smile

Just wondering if anyone who has been in a similar situation or just anyone who works full time with young children... (the below post is pretty long so if you don't want to read it all, I'm just asking for some opinions/experiences/advice/words of comfort regarding working full time with a young child smile )

I've been back at work 3 days a week since a couple of weeks after my DD's first birthday, about 6 months now. It has been a lovely balance and I'm very comfortable because DD is looked after by DP. It's great.

However, because we want to start trying for our second and final child at some point this year, and because work are offering, I have been toying for the past couple of weeks with returning to full time hours. Today I've bitten the bullet and put in my request to do this; my managers sound positive about it. I'm now feeling really nervous and guilty though sad

I know I don't have anything to worry about regarding her, because I am fortunate enough to know that she is being looked after full time by a loving parent who is great with her, and to be honest DP is much more organised than me and is great at keeping on top of everything else domestic as well, so we have a lovely balance. I'm just feeling scared about not seeing her enough and feeling a bit sad that I'm not the SAHP anymore sad I can start early and finish early and can take plenty of holiday, but I can't shake feeling a bit regretful and sad about it, even though it makes so much more financial sense.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-Feb-17 21:12:16

Will you be working full-time once the new baby is here?

AllTheGlitters Tue 28-Feb-17 21:25:04

No, I'd be going back after 9 months for 24 hours a week again smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-Feb-17 21:47:19

As long as your employers are happy with that, it sounds fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now