Talk

Advanced search

Cot/cot bed suggestions?

(5 Posts)
Harveyrabbit76 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:53:56

Morning
My daughter is 6 months and we want to move her into her own room plus a bigger cot. She is in a Snuzpod at the moment.
I am really confused about all the options out there! How long does an average sized baby stay in a cod and is it more economical to buy the cot bed thing?
Also, I am trying to find cots that are non-toxic and preferably natural wood, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance! x

minipie Tue 28-Feb-17 16:06:03

I'd get a cotbed personally, it will last up to age 4 or so and then you can go to a standard single bed. Whereas a cot only goes up to about age 2, and they would be quite little to go in a standard single at 2 so you might need to buy a separate toddler bed for age 2-4.

Not sure about the non toxic thing.. ours were all painted, are you worried about them biting the rail (as you can get a plastic cover if so).

GirlElephant Tue 28-Feb-17 16:44:42

I would also suggest a cotbed for the above reasons. Sorry no specific suggestions on your criteria. Have you tried any online sites that sell baby furniture?

PixieMiss Tue 28-Feb-17 17:30:32

I would get a cot bed too. I have Sienna from Mamas and Papas but it was a PITA to put up!

Remember that drop side cots aren't recommended anymore.

Harveyrabbit76 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:15:21

Thankyou! Looking for it being painted in non-toxic paint etc (or maybe just a natural finish) although I am sure that most have to meet guidelines?!

Don't want to spend huge amounts either. Have been looking at Ikea but not sure how sturdy their cots are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now