Talk

Advanced search

Baby, toddler and no sleep :(

(3 Posts)
Chattycat78 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:04:43

Just that really. Nearly 9 month old. Sleeps awful. Also have a very energetic 2 year old. Am shattered. Baby up every few hours right now. Feeds once. Rest is just waking up crying. Guessing it's teething, colds etc but it seems to have been going on for weeks. The biggest stretch of sleep I seem to get is 2 hours at a time.

Have tried paracetamol, settling, water during the night, Dummy, leaving to cry. None have made a difference so far.

Am knackered and expected to run around all day looking after the two of them. Toddler is also going through a "pushing the boundaries" phase so everything is a battle with him too.

I hate being THis tired. Am snappy with 2 year old and feel irrationally angry about silly things. I also keep making attempts to do things for myself- e.g. Was going to attempt a yoga class tonight but frankly there's no way while I'm so tired. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew how long this was going to go on for. It feels like it will be forever right now! I'm also back at work in June. How TF I'm going to function at work if this carries on is beyond me.

Anyone else in same boat?sad

Cranb0rne Tue 28-Feb-17 11:10:26

I also have a nearly 4 year old and a14 month old whose sleep is pretty patchy. I've been back at work for 5 months and it has been a real struggle sometimes going to work on minimal sleep. The 14 month old has caught bug after bug at nursery then passed them to the rest of us so we're all run down and exhausted. Hoping that things will get better now winter is nearly over - they did with my first son. Sometimes we have a few nights of decent sleep when the baby is exhausted after nursery which definitely helps keep us going.

thenoisytimetravelstudent Fri 03-Mar-17 21:14:18

I have a 3yr old DD & a 10month DD - I am exhausted. Baby has 8 teeth and is learning to walk, toddler can dream and generally arse about resulting is disrupted sleep every. Single. Damn. Night.
This week baby has finally started sleeping through again but now toddler has decided that bedtime is playtime angry
I'm on here tonight trying to figure out if her bedtime routine needs to change - should she being going to bed 1/2 hour later? (Don't know if I can cope with that --love to see bedtime!--) also considering reward charts and explaining rules to her so that I can focus on encouraging positive behaviour.
I think I'm just going to be permanently tired until baby is 4 confused if it's not one thing it'll be another. I know I shouldn't wish away the toddler years but I think I'll enjoy them better in hindsight!! Is that bad to say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now