Talk

Advanced search

World Book Day ideas for slightly older kids (KS2).

(11 Posts)
FiveHoursSleep Sat 25-Feb-17 09:06:27

Our school has only started doing this since we got a new head a few years ago, and I hate it as much as I thought I would.
I have a Y4 and a Y6 and apparently neither of them are capable of thinking of anything except Harry Potter.
Which they both did last year, and the year before.
Actually DD3 fancies going as a character from a book that has a gun as a prop but I'm pretty sure that would be frowned upon.
Has anyone got any great ideas?

HoneyDragon Sat 25-Feb-17 09:08:04

Harry Potter. Do not make life any harder than it needs to be wink

FiveHoursSleep Sat 25-Feb-17 09:10:00

Sorry, neither of them want to go as Happy Potter characters this year. But they can't come up with anything else so it's a useful standby.

exLtEveDallas Sat 25-Feb-17 09:16:38

Any of the characters from the David Walliams books - gangsta granny is always a good one.

Hardyloveit Sat 25-Feb-17 09:25:48

Dr Seuss characters?
Roald Dahl characters? Matilda?
Mary poppins?

Lots of the super markets have some really good costumes!

junebirthdaygirl Sat 25-Feb-17 09:27:17

Could he go as a football player who has written his lifestory? Or rugby player?

strugglingwithmaths Sat 25-Feb-17 09:31:29

Mine has got together with all her friends. They're all going as Oompa Loompas.... 8 of them!

DaphneDeLaFontaine Sat 25-Feb-17 09:31:35

Our year six all come in own clothes with a backpack, so diary of a wimpy kid, or as boy in a dress. Girls tend to do hangars granny or a female spy, but I've forgotten the book!

user1471598162 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:39:55

My 8 yr old is going as Beck Granger from the Bear Grylls books. Combats and a fire steel.

FauxFox Sat 25-Feb-17 11:43:23

DD went as Katniss from Hunger Games in Y6. DS was Willy Wonka.

What books do they enjoy?

FauxFox Sat 25-Feb-17 11:45:41

And in Y5 DD was Arrietty from The Borrowers - red dress, rope for a belt, giant peg for ponytail and small bag for 'borrowing' grin

She is Y7 now and is sad they don't dress up any more...I'm not grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now