Talk

Advanced search

Three year old refusing to move from the spot - anyone else?

(5 Posts)
Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sat 25-Feb-17 00:31:32

DS just picks a spot, stands there and will not move. Nothing works to move him! I have tried games, tv, chocolate, taking toys away, cuddles, rewards, praise - everything! We picked him up and carried him downstairs after several hours the other day because he needed to get sleep for kindergarten but then he cried so hard he threw up.

He's recently started preschool and has baby twin sisters so has reasons to be stressed and craving control in his life. It really does feel like a control issue.

Online advice seems to be that it's a regression and cry for more love and attention and to give it to him, but that's not working either.

Obviously with twin babies there's only so much time I can spend reading to him while he's refusing to get out of bed (4 hours+).

He needs food brought to him because he will not eat. I know some people will say a kid won't starve themselves but they have never met this kid. It's like he doesn't recognise hunger at all.

This has been going on for a week now with no end in sight. 6 hours of not moving from a standing position on the kitchen floor.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Astro55 Sat 25-Feb-17 00:35:08

The he's still little enough to carry/lift

What happens if you move him?

Does he speak during this time?

What about using the toilet?

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sat 25-Feb-17 00:47:40

He cries until he throws up if we move him.

Refuses to use the toilet so I put a nappy on him even though he's toilet trained.

He just carries on talking normally if he's getting attention, then screams the place down if I go do something else.

2ndSopranos Sat 25-Feb-17 11:07:04

I would baby him for a bit, and introduce some special privileges now he's a big brother. A later bed time perhaps, new bedding, something to make him feel incredibly special.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sun 26-Feb-17 11:31:28

Thanks, 2nd. Those are good suggestions. I feel so sorry for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now