Talk

Advanced search

Tips for returning to work from maternity leave?

(7 Posts)
Heirhelp Thu 23-Feb-17 15:59:17

Soon I will be going back to work. I will be working 3 days term time but will have lots of work to do at home.

Please can I have all you tips?

angelopal Thu 23-Feb-17 16:02:38

Be organised by having everything you need for the next day laid out. Also online shopping is a real time saver

Heirhelp Thu 23-Feb-17 16:04:08

Thanks. I already did this before maternity leave so will need to get back into the habit.

Summerdays2014 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:15:54

I'm a teacher and I work 3 days a week. I was dreading going back, but it's not as bad as I feared and I've soon got back into it.

My tips are (as above) prepare everything for you and the baby the night before.

Have a plan with your other half as to what you're going to do in the morning - does one get up and ready whilst the other feeds baby and then swap etc. We found the first few days quite stressful!

At work I'm living by lists and making sure I prioritise. I'm also getting into work for 7 (my husband drops the baby off later on his way to work) so I can get lots done before school starts and I don't feel guilty leaving earlier than I did before I had the baby.

CobsAhoy Thu 23-Feb-17 19:24:16

Reduce your grooming standards (sob)!

Heirhelp Thu 23-Feb-17 20:01:10

Thanks summer I used to live by lists but I do need to focus on doing the musts, rather than doing the shoulds or coulds first.

cobs they are already pretty low!

Summerdays2014 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:20:44

I soon realised that I had to focus on the 'musts' otherwise I'd never have any time off at all. There is always something else to do... but as long as the non negotiables are done - lessons planned and work marked, I've learnt to be more relaxed than I ever used to be about achieving 'perfection'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now