Talk

Advanced search

dummy

(5 Posts)
HappyMummy9 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:40:35

Hi all,

I have a 2 year old girl and we can't get rid of the dummy. The more we try to take it away, the more she glued to it.

Does anyone have any tips or advice of how to stop her using a dummy.

moggle Wed 22-Feb-17 10:58:18

Our 2 year old (actually 27 months) is the same. We'd got quite good at only having it at bedtime/naps and in the car, but recently she is very attached to it. I'm just waiting for a little while as I think in a couple of months or so she'll be less obsessed and we can cut down use again as she develops other ways of soothing herself. Her language is coming on in leaps and bounds at the moment so i think the two might be related. She can now tell me what's wrong when she starts crying instead of just dissolving into tears and upset that sometimes only a dummy could stop.

Of course on the other hand, if you want to get rid of it, you just take them away completely and don't give in to her crying and whining. Personally I'm trying to take the easier route!!

Having said that we are down from a peak of 9 dummies to only 3 at the moment and I refuse to buy more, so I think we may be forced to go dummy free quite soon...

HookandSwan Wed 22-Feb-17 15:04:35

Would she give it up for a big reward?

MoodyOne Wed 22-Feb-17 19:07:56

Idea: Could she give it to the Easter bunny, for babies that need it more than her?

HappyMummy9 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:21:34

Thanks to all but she's too little yet to understand what is a reward or Easter Bunny :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now