Talk

Advanced search

What does your ten month old baby eat?

(7 Posts)
milkyman Tue 21-Feb-17 14:20:06

Mine likes: omelettes, mince, fish fingers, sandwiches, pasta, lentil stews etc...

NickyEds Tue 21-Feb-17 14:23:37

Mine are 3 and 19 months bow but at 10 months they both ate pretty much everything.

Beelands Tue 21-Feb-17 14:24:53

Total gannet baby here.... he eats banana and porridge for breakfast. Toast with avocado/cream cheese/peanut butter for lunch plus cheese and fruit. Dinner is whatever we have normally. Salmon with noodles and green beans, pasta with bolognese/pesto and prawns/tuna and sweetcorn, jacket potatoes with various fillings, roast dinners, eggs. Not keen on rice or soup, it's the texture. Plus 4 breastfeeds a day. I'm not giving him raw carrot or apple yet.... is anyone else?

Beelands Tue 21-Feb-17 14:26:12

Fussiness kicks in about 18mo/2 yrs from memory.

evilgiraffe Tue 21-Feb-17 14:33:36

DD2 is the same, eats everything, pretty much. She loves fruit beyond all reason, so we are getting through lots every day at the minute. Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, sliced blueberries, chopped cherries, chopped and peeled pears, mango, melon, banana, you name it she eats it grin

Beelands - She likes cooked apple and carrot, but we don't give it raw yet. Partly because she only has two teeth, but also because DD1 was over twelve months (with considerably more teeth) before she could manage them raw. Having said that, grated raw apple is great mixed into natural yogurt - the choking aspect is the only reason we are holding back.

clarabellski Tue 21-Feb-17 14:56:38

We were giving DS chopped up apple and pear (raw) from about 6 months then around 9 months realised that he could just hold an entire apple/pear and gnaw his way through it.

I think you'll find your child will be absolutely fine with most foods, its just how you react/perceive it that will be the challenge. If it makes you overly worried then just stick to what you're comfortable with.

Heirhelp Tue 21-Feb-17 18:14:25

We do baby led weaning so she is offered everything we eat except things with lactose (intolerance). She certainly has favourite foods blackberries, peaches, pears, strawberries, cheese, pesto pasta, crumpets and baby flapjack bars. There are very few things she keeps spitting out, cucumber and melon. She won't even try asparagus.

Sometimes I alter meals to make it easier for her, for example cutting peppers into large strips and mixing salmon with cream cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now