Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding App

(5 Posts)
DinosaursArentMakeBelieve Mon 20-Feb-17 15:00:07

Hi,

Have put here for traffic.

First time mum with 4 day old baby. Can anyone recommend a good breastfeeding app to track how long DC feeds etc. I'd like one that gives tips as well if possible, something interactive...

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 20-Feb-17 17:46:33

No helpful advice but I used with one with DD but haven't bothered with 6 week old DS. It's so much more hassle than it's worth and creates a lot more stress about feeding.

I know why you want to track the feeds but if you can, it's much less stressful to just go with it. Some feeds are long (last forever!), some feeds are shorter, some days they'll feed every half an hour, some days they'll space them out a bit. But it's all normal!

If you do time, please try not to fixate and spend ages looking for a pattern like I did. And don't time overnight, it only wakes you up more.

Congratulations on your baby!

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Tue 21-Feb-17 19:49:26

Glow baby is pretty good

Jos2004 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:50:03

I use Baby+ by Health & Parenting which I have found really good.
Like someone else has said, don't get overly focused on it but it has been helpful to spot patterns and changes and be able to answer HV/docs questions when necessary smile

AppleYumYum Wed 22-Feb-17 00:47:02

Oh gosh I did that with dc1, baby esp or something, I was obsessed with tracking everything, poo, wee, naps, medicine given, you name it. My dc3 is 9 months now and I look back and think what a nutter I was. I think I just wanted to make some sense of the new world I was in, to see a pattern and figure it out.

Don't bother, babies don't follow patterns or make sense, and they keep changing just when you think you've worked it out! If they fuss then get one out, 99% of the time they cry it's because they want feeding at that age. Honestly, pay no attention to how long they feed for or when they last fed, just do it. Babies are clever creatures and they know what they need.

Maybe make a note of left or right side if you didn't feed both sides, but usually if you feel them before a feed you can tell which one is huge/solid and the other softer/smaller so go for the engorged one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now