Talk

Advanced search

Fabric softener for allergy baby?

(10 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:29:58

Hi there, I have a 3 month old baby who has eczema and very sensitive skin. I changed from using non bio washing powder to ecozone soap nuts but feel the need for fabric softener as the clothes feel rough.

Can anyone recommend a very gentle one for allergy babies please?

HLBug Sun 19-Feb-17 16:36:27

Surcare works for us. Lots of people think best is no conditioner at all but we live in a hard water area so, like you, think it is better to use something.

IHeartKingThistle Sun 19-Feb-17 16:38:56

We haven't used it for years due to DS' eczema. Use fairy detergent and extra rinse cycle. Never noticed a difference in the clothes tbh!

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Sun 19-Feb-17 16:39:48

Surecare here too. It worked well for DD

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 19-Feb-17 16:41:12

Ecover is the only one that we can use without making my little brothers skin worse (eczema).

If nothing at all works white vinegar makes a brilliant softener and IME doesn't cause a reaction, we had to use this till we found ecover.

picklemepopcorn Sun 19-Feb-17 16:42:42

White vinegar. Or tumbling the clothes with wool dryer balls.

picklemepopcorn Sun 19-Feb-17 16:43:37

Be aware the nasties will lurk in the machine if you plan to wash the baby clothes separately. And don't forget bedsheets!

Craftycakey15 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:44:00

We have used non biological powder since baby was born but she has eczema now and Im so scared to use powder and fabric softener but we live in a hard water area and her clothes and bibs feel rough.

I will try surcare.

divadee Sun 19-Feb-17 18:40:36

I was going to recommend white vinegar like a previous poster. And no your little one won't smell like a chip shop. It works really really well.

Craftycakey15 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:54:53

Vinegar is so strong, I wouldn't have that it was skin friendly? I will try it on my own clothes first!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now