Talk

Advanced search

7 month old always whinging

(5 Posts)
tintinenamerique Sun 19-Feb-17 08:23:35

Slightly at my wits end with DS2 who s nearly 8 months old. He's been a whingey baby since very early on. No eating/sleeping issues and the whinging isn't related to being tired or hungry. Sometimes it's down to boredom/lack of attention as it stops when he gets attention - not always easy to give him as much attention as he would like as I have a 2 year old as well. He's also extremely sicky - throwing up maybe 20 times a day. He's on domperidone which helps but doesn't stop it. A dummy helps with the unhappiness. I'm feeling really frustrated as the constant grizzling is getting me down.
Any thoughts/tips? I'm wondering whether he is in pain or at least discomfort and whether adding ranitidine to his reflux meds might help (ds1 was on domperidone and ranitidine until 9 months). Please help

Heirhelp Sun 19-Feb-17 09:48:25

Is he moving yet? My reflux baby was much happier when she could properly crawl and get to things herself.

FizzyFeet Sun 19-Feb-17 10:08:24

Oh god, my DD was awful around 7/8 months! I think for her it was just a phase, and frustration at not being able to move (never a crawler). She used to jump happily in the jumperoo at that age - worth a try?

No advice on the reflux except sounds like a good idea to go back to the gp to discuss upping the dose or adding in another drug.

This too shall pass!

tintinenamerique Sun 19-Feb-17 10:13:27

Thank you. Yes, jumperoo definitely helps though not for more than 5 mins or so. He is desperate to move and I know he'll be a bit happier when he can entertain himself. He has been a whinger since the very early days. He's fine when he's getting attention - v smiley. Urgh. Hard work

LlandudnoLlandudno Sun 19-Feb-17 10:59:35

Sympathies OP my DS was the same. From about 4-7 months he whined and shouted at me non stop and I was going out of my mind. Then he learnt to crawl and I had another baby. I now enjoy being a parent which for months I didn't think was possible! He will crawl soon I am sure and hopefully he will feel much better for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now