Talk

Advanced search

Digital switch this half term

(7 Posts)
honeymine Sun 19-Feb-17 08:04:29

I have decided as a mother of two ( son 11, daughter 9) partner and dog owner that I have declared a digital switch off this half term to see what difference it makes in the house. Anyone else committed the same crime? Anyone think iabu?

My children think it's ok to spend all hoildays in they're rooms plugged in away from the outside world. It makes them moody, grumpy and angry. I have had enough. I'm taking a stand.

They will get an hour, everyday, if they behave themselves.

They don't know this yet, it's 8am on Sunday morning... SURPRISE smile ha ha ha

RubySparks Sun 19-Feb-17 08:12:10

It's just a habit to break and the way to do that is to replace it with something else. Do you have a plan for what to do instead?

imjessie Sun 19-Feb-17 08:28:42

I took my iPad away from my son completely . He stopped asking after a few days . Never had it back !

EveningShadows Sun 19-Feb-17 08:29:59

Brilliant idea! Report back smile

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 19-Feb-17 08:32:48

I think as long as you are consistent and only spend an hour a day yourself online then it is a great idea. This however is the the bit where I fall down.

00100001 Sun 19-Feb-17 08:35:18

Well... Having an hour a day isn't really a switch off.

You'll have to be very strict with the timings of this hour a day. Because it will easily creep up.

Better to go cold turkey if only for a week

honeymine Sun 19-Feb-17 08:44:23

We have lots of stuff, arts and crafts, dog walking, they have lots of toys etc. Baking. Your right, it's habit they have to break!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now