Talk

Advanced search

Should i be worried about playdate

(15 Posts)
myermay Wed 28-Feb-07 21:24:27

Message withdrawn

JodieG1 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:30:20

I would stay with him. If you don't know the parents then I really wouldn't let my child stay there alone.

DeviousDaffodil Wed 28-Feb-07 21:31:51

What do you think is going to happen to him?

myermay Wed 28-Feb-07 21:33:58

Message withdrawn

foxinsocks Wed 28-Feb-07 21:36:20

nah, go in, have cup of tea, check he's fine then go home!

Budababe Wed 28-Feb-07 21:36:37

I usually say that I haven't left DS on his own yet as he doesn't like it. Most parents understand. My DS is now 5.5 but I still don't think he would go to a house he hadn't been to before. He goes to certain friends on his own but not others.

DeviousDaffodil Wed 28-Feb-07 21:36:44

If I invited a friend of DS to play I would think the Mother was a bit odd if she stayed the whole time.
It is different if she is a friend of yours.

nogoes Wed 28-Feb-07 21:41:12

Oh I didn't realise that mums don't stay. I was looking forward to a coffee or a glass of wine in someone elses house as ds gets older.

DeviousDaffodil Wed 28-Feb-07 21:45:26

Gosh if somone wants to have either of my DS's I am running off down the drive like a rat out of a drainpipe!

lionheart Wed 28-Feb-07 21:46:02

But why should you be expected to be comfortable leaving your child with a virtual stranger?

DeviousDaffodil Wed 28-Feb-07 21:49:34

You would know the other parent a bit otherwise they would not be able to ask you or your child over.
Don't you trust another mother to look after your child as well as you would?
I would be insulted if another mother did not trust me to care for their child.
How paranoid we all are.

myermay Wed 28-Feb-07 21:49:58

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Wed 28-Feb-07 21:53:27

If you don't feel comfortable with leaving, tell the mum - say he eels a bit nervous or whatever - and ask to stay. There is a mum in DD's reception age class who always stays at playdates with her DD from what I can gather.

DD never did playdates at nursery, but since starting school (she was 4y5m) she has done. I haven't stayed. First couple of times it was strange as I only knew parents to say hello too, esp at start of term, but DD loves it and she has been fine.

JodieG1 Wed 28-Feb-07 21:57:45

I'd still stay. Why would it be odd to want to stay and make sure your child is ok? 4.5 isn't that old either to be left with virtual strangers. I don't leave any of mine with people other than family though and then only really my parents. I know my neighbour (kids are in the same class) and would be happy dd going there alone but it's also nice to go and have a chat as well.

lionheart Wed 28-Feb-07 21:59:48

myermay -- You could always ask them to come to your house instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now