Talk

Advanced search

Is my 2 year old a beast?

(3 Posts)
hotmessmom82 Fri 17-Feb-17 07:58:49

My 2 year old who is very skinny and never puts weight on, has just eaten 3 sausages, 2 pieces of toast, a banana, some blueberries, a chunk of cheese and two yoghurts! He is constantly hungry and I don't get why. My 5 year old can put it away but the baby seems to be lacking a 'full' switch.

I don't want to over feed him but he will have an absolute breakdown unless he has more food!

Is he like it at every meal? My 4yo has always been a big eater at breakfast time then less throughout the day so I don't worry about it. If it's every meal I still wouldn't be worried at this age but would keep a closer eye on weight, portion sizes and general intake of salt etc.

clarabellski Fri 17-Feb-17 13:57:21

My 12 month old is like this. He has a 'reputation' in his nursery already blush

He never sits still though (and even when he's sleeping he's all over his cot like a dog chasing a cat in its dreams). So I guess he needs the calories!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now