Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to docs about this...

(5 Posts)
pipnchops Wed 15-Feb-17 21:42:49

Or am I just being over protective?

When DD1 was small we used a well known baby carrier with an infant insert for the first few months, only a handful of times but on a couple of occasions for long walks, before I realised we had been using it wrong. I panicked and started using it correctly from then on.

She's now 28 months old and seems fine but her feet are a bit turned in at the ankle and I'm paranoid this is damage from the way we put her in this carrier. DH thinks I'm crazy to keep going on about it. She seems to have no problem whatsoever walking, running, jumping etc etc but her ankles/feet just don't look right.

I brought it up with the health visitor at her two year review and she said not to worry and said just bring it up if we happen to be at the doctors for another reason but not to go especially. I don't want to waste docs time or put DD under any unnecessary stress, she hates being examined in any way! But should I trust my instincts that something's not right and take her to the doctors? TIA.

mimiholls Wed 15-Feb-17 21:49:45

How would the baby carrier affect her ankles? I dont think its anything to do with the carrier. My dd has this a bit, I guess a bit pigeon toed. If it's not affecting her in any way I wouldn't worry but yes you could mention it on next doc visit.

IntoTheDeep Wed 15-Feb-17 21:50:20

I think in your position I'd probably go.

If the GP thinks her ankles / feet don't look right they will probably refer her on to a physiotherapist or other appropriate health professional for assessments. If the GP thinks that she looks normal, then hopefully it'll set your mind at rest.

DesignedForLife Thu 16-Feb-17 22:05:21

I doubt it's anything to do with the baby carrier, but if you're concerned take her to the GP or health visitor- do they do a drop in session?

AnyFucker Thu 16-Feb-17 22:08:42

look here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now