Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Quick survey: Can boys go a bit 'funny' between ages 8-9?

(4 Posts)
kittywaitsfornumber6 Wed 28-Feb-07 18:13:31

Hello, just after some advice really.
My ds1 (8 1/2) has up until now been the most mild mannered and affable little chap you could imagine. Recently though he's started getting very angry over small things.
He's being aggressive towards his younger sibs and has been getting very angry with his friends. This sort of behaviour is very, very uinlike him. I wondered whether this was a normal phase for boys of his age, you know testosterone surges etc. TIA

shouldbedoingsomethingelse Wed 28-Feb-07 18:15:49

I think you may be right.when my son was this age he would pick a fight with his siblings (not friends) and my friends have reported that their boys have all been through it too!

shouldbedoingsomethingelse Wed 28-Feb-07 18:17:45

might be worth having a quiet word with his teachers to see if anything is happening in school.

I just talked to my DS about how his behaviour wasnt very nice and said he wouldn't be getting any treats until his behaviour improved.

kittywaitsfornumber6 Wed 28-Feb-07 18:22:33

School says he seems fine, which is a relief!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: