Talk

Advanced search

Clashing with husband on parenting.

(10 Posts)
MadamMooMoo Wed 15-Feb-17 15:48:29

My husband has a very relaxed parenting style. His son can do what he wants when he wants snd if he ignores rules made by us husband says it's fine as he is sensitive and telling him off would hurt him. its on xbllSsxbox snd tsblettsbletework rushed on Sunday afternoons, doesn't tidy up after himself and boundaries with pocket money are scrapped.

His son his rules but thing is my husband wants to do the same with our daughter when she is older and I really don't want this. Husband lets ss run around restaurant and throw balloons at other tables. I know it's a joint decision but don't want my daughter hsving no boundaries and glued to a screen :S

imjessie Sun 19-Feb-17 21:33:13

Blimey , that's tricky . Why would you let a child run rounds restaurants ?? Have you had a serious discussion about it ?

missyB1 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:37:23

Put your foot down, you owe it to your child not to let him do this. Tell him how he raises his other child is irrelevant as he is parenting his daughter with you and you want a different approach.

Aquamarine1029 Mon 20-Feb-17 01:39:54

Your husband is terrible at parenting. He's raising children who have no sense of discipline or self control. You need to get this worked out.

MadamMooMoo Mon 20-Feb-17 07:03:32

I have told him so many times and told him again on Thursday that I'm sick of this and it is driving a major wedge between us. I have also said he is not doing this with our DD.

We went out for food on Thursday with DD and because she is only 9 months old she is quite messy and throws food on the floor which I went to pick up. DH is just "that's what the staff are paid to do". Staff are paid to give the tables a wipe after dinner yes but not for parents to just allow their kids to cause chaos and throw food everywhere. Not DD fault as she's a baby but I said as her parents she is our responsibility and the staff have enough to do without having to pick up food she kept throwing.

imjessie Mon 20-Feb-17 08:09:23

I totally agree , my son is super messy but I always wipe the floor . Frankly he makes my blood boil because my son is 5 with special needs and he is mostly non verbal . His development is delayed so he is more like a 2/3 year old in alot of ways . He can sit still in a restaurant because we have worked so so hard at making him know the rules of life etc and doing has what is expected in social situations . I wonder why your husband is like this ? Was he brought up in the same way ?

imjessie Mon 20-Feb-17 08:09:47

You dh makes my blood boil not my son .

MadamMooMoo Mon 20-Feb-17 10:30:34

Husband was not raised like this he just doesn't want to be perceived as a mean dad (he compared he to HitlerC when I suggested rules and boundaries). Cannot tell kids when they are naughty as his son is sensitive to it he says.

I'm sorry about your son imjessie I hope I haven't caused offence as with tidying up I meant because we have a baby (dh son is not sn) I understand it is harder with a child with sn.

imjessie Mon 20-Feb-17 14:32:19

Of course you haven't upset me , I just find it shocking that someone wouldn't want to teach a child to behave and conform . My son is amazing so don't feel bad for me 😁😁😁

MadamMooMoo Mon 20-Feb-17 20:20:41

So far hubby is sticking to boundaries we agreed together. His son is with us all week and they are sat drawing and colouring at the moment. DD is asleep so it's lovely seeing them have some 1:1. I'm on here doing my studies and reading MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now