Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Teething trouble

(5 Posts)
MrsHatnumber26 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:48:34

My little lady is teething have tried granules, gel, various objects from the fridge but nothing seems to soothe her sad

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!!

Heirhelp Fri 17-Feb-17 21:29:51

Ibuprofen is best. But you can also give calpol at the same time and anbesol liquid only available at the chemist over the counter is the best topically medication.

You can use all three if needed.

Phoenix76 Fri 17-Feb-17 23:08:09

Oh bless her! Tough times. I'm not 100% but I think the guidelines have changed with giving Calpol and ibuprofen at the same time? I've been categorically told not to do that but to space them out i.e Calpol first then 2 hours later ibubrofen & only a certain amount of each within 24 hours, Calpol 4 hours, ibubrofen 6 hours apart (always check the label). I've heard anbesol is good but haven't tried it, I use Ashton & Parsons with great success but every baby is different. Hope she gets through the worst soon!

glueandstick Sun 19-Feb-17 19:18:49

Gin. For you, not her.

Good luck.

MrsHatnumber26 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:37:35

Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: