Talk

Advanced search

Soap-free washing

(5 Posts)
williwonti Wed 15-Feb-17 13:46:54

For various reasons, I would like to use a completely soap free wash on my children. I put Balneum in the water and know that should be enough to just use to wash them in the bath but they do need a bit more than that sometimes or in the shower. I thought I had found an Aveeno one but the ingregients still contain soap. Any ideas? I can't afford expensive and it needs to be like a "wash" i.e not the diprobase-type creams the hospital recommend.

Camomila Wed 15-Feb-17 15:11:40

Coconut oil? Wash with water, scrub with coconut oil and then rinse off?
I think it would work ok as a body wash, DH does it sometimes as a change from his usual excema stuff.

For DS I tend to alternate between just water for his body and coconut oil for hair or child's farm newborn babywash.
Not 100% what the ingredients are though.

Thebookswereherfriends Wed 15-Feb-17 15:16:30

Apart shampoo once a week my daughter isn't washed with soap. She sits in the bath and has a rub all over with a flannel. Unless your children are caked in mud I wouldn't think you need to do much more. In fact, for a few years I had to do the same as my eczema was really playing up - a good rub all over with a flannel is just as good, you just don't smell 'perfumey'.
I know you say soap free, but have you tried the cold press soaps from health food shops? That's what I use now and it doesn't irritate my eczema at all.

user1487280553 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:32:25

Gonna try my first one tomorrow morning!!!! (Coconut oil)

Artandco Thu 16-Feb-17 21:35:41

I don't use soap on mine still, they have weleda shampoo, and that's it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now