Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal: Teething

(6 Posts)
RachSt12 Tue 14-Feb-17 16:59:21

Hi everyone,

I've posted previously about my son going off his milk and a few people suggested he might be teething, I think you were right!
The last two days he's been so grumpy, poor little guy, really really biting his hands, scratching/pulling his face (I've put mitts on him) and just gets very angry about it all.
I'm using bonjela and calpol, when it's really bad.
He's still not drinking a lot, probably because it hurts but happy to take his puree.
I put my little finger in his mouth and he seemed so relieved to bite on it.
Unfortunately he's not quite got the hand to mouth coordination, so giving me things to bite on isn't really working.

Does this sound like teething? Has anyone got any tips to help my little boy get through this painful time.
Eternally grateful for any replies xx

BettyOBarley Tue 14-Feb-17 17:06:34

Yes sounds like it to me

Boots teething sachets are brilliant and dentinox teething gel, I never rated the bonjela one

boopdoop Tue 14-Feb-17 17:09:46

Ibuprofen is often better than calpol, though when it's bad you can alternate the two. Also the teething granules are great, and I'd massively recommend anbesol liquid, it's amazing, and really does numb the pain. Liquid is much easier to apply than the gel.

Heirhelp Tue 14-Feb-17 21:36:31

Agree with boop. You can give ibuprofen, calpol and teething liquid if needed.

FizzyFeet Tue 14-Feb-17 21:59:53

As well as the painkilllers pp have mentioned, I found Sophie la Girafe good - somehow it is very easy to hold and chew on even if hand-eye coordination isn't developed yet.

RachSt12 Wed 15-Feb-17 10:23:05

Thank so much, I'm going out today to get everything mentioned! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now