Talk

Advanced search

Bottle teats

(11 Posts)
Littlelegs19 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:20:08

Could anyone shed some light on when to change the teats on the bottles please? How do I know if I need to? I know the teats have ages on them but is that a guide? DS is 12w old and still on the first teats. He has times tippee anti colic bottles of that makes any difference at all?

Thank you

dementedpixie Mon 13-Feb-17 19:23:01

I changed when mine took ages to take a feed and would fall asleep half way through

VocalDuck Mon 13-Feb-17 19:24:58

Tommee Tippee say teat 1 is from birth, teat 2 is from three months and teat 3 is from six months.

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Mon 13-Feb-17 19:25:16

I changed mine to the Tommee tippee Bari flow tests when DD was about 5 weeks when she was falling asleep and taking an he to finish a bottle

mimiholls Mon 13-Feb-17 19:25:24

I think the ages are a guide. I only just changed my dd's teats to size 2 (3 month +) at 5 months as she was taking ages to finish now her bottles are bigger. There's no reason to assume you have to change immediately just because ds is 3 months.

spacefrog35 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:30:05

I tried changing my DD from newborn tests every couple of weeks from when she was 3 months old. She hated the 'older' ones used to gag on the milk & spit it everywhere. She ended up on newborn teats until she was about 8 months!

Littlelegs19 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:56:51

He is still finishing bottles relatively quickly 15 minutes or so. Do you think it's worth a try or keep him on new born teats for a bit longer?

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Mon 13-Feb-17 19:59:22

My midwife advised to start with number 2 teats, then vari flow from a few months old x

meeerkat Mon 13-Feb-17 20:03:15

Could give it a try, but if he is taking bottles fine and in a reasonable time then maybe no need to change things?

I changed them at about 3 months as per the guidelines but found my daughter dribbled milk everywhere because it came out too fast for her so I went back to 1s.

Cutesbabasmummy Tue 14-Feb-17 08:56:17

My DS was on reflux formula so we had fast flow teats from early on. I think follow the guidelines but if baby's finishing the bottle fast you are probably fine on the current ones x

rainingkitsandpups Tue 14-Feb-17 08:57:35

Never have. DS is 9m and still on the first ones. He's happy so we are happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now