Talk

Advanced search

Should my baby have the MMR with a cold?

(8 Posts)
BlueSpottyTiger Mon 13-Feb-17 09:38:13

Hello, my DD is due to have her MMR vac's tomorrow. She has a pretty bad cold at the minute and if she feels anything like me she must feel pretty rubbish. She hasn't had no temperature.. will she be okay to have her MMR? Shes 12.5months and i know the vaccine can be given up to 14months, I dont really want to differ it because i start back at work on friday and i want to bo there for her if she doesn't feel too well.
What are your views wwyd?
Thanks xx

Shutupanddance1 Mon 13-Feb-17 09:42:37

As far as I know you are only suppose to give vaccinations when baby is 100% good health (my paediatrician told me). No problem delaying for a week if you can get another appointment.

DevelopingDetritus Mon 13-Feb-17 09:50:20

I wouldn't.

3luckystars Mon 13-Feb-17 09:52:39

You can give the mmr up to anytime, there isn't a cut off at 14 months (here anyway). I would wait until the baby is well. Good luck.

Chinnygirl Mon 13-Feb-17 09:54:14

Cold yes, temp no. However, since small children can develop a temp really quickly I'd wait a week or two.

SnowWhite33 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:29:20

Well mine has an on and off cold all the way from october through to april, mostly thanks to 2 days at nursery per week. Mostly just runny nose and/or cough. I was told it was absolutely fine to have the vaccines with a runny nose or a cough. As long as there is no fever and the child is eating/sleeping as normal.

Anditstartsagain Mon 13-Feb-17 14:31:39

Mine had a cold and I was told not to bring him when I called to ask the hv.

womaninatightspot Mon 13-Feb-17 14:42:08

I wouldn't personally. My eldest had his jabs at a year when he had a bad cold but no fever and it really knocked him for six. Ended up needing antibiotics for tonsillitis. I do know that it could just be coincidence but I think if you're run down already then your immune system can get a bit overwhelmed. Since then I've always delayed appointments and so forth if the dc were unwell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now