Talk

Advanced search

is this child displaying sexualised behaviour ?

(7 Posts)
lifesabeach Sat 11-Feb-17 17:55:06

my work colleague and I have noticed a child in our care, female aged 3, is regularly displaying what we can only call "grinding" moves. when she is laying down for her mid day nap, or laying on her tummy to be involved in a group carpet time activity, or sitting upright with her legs out at 90 degrees so her knees are touching together, these actions are visible. To our knowledge she isn't suffering from any urine infections (parents havnt advised of this). Is there anyone out there who may be able to give advice , or explanation for this ? thank you for taking the time to read this

katieshack Sat 11-Feb-17 19:48:34

Surely this is preach of privacy for this child! And shouldn't be commenting on here you should be contacting child services about your concerns!!!!!

NeedsAsockamnesty Sun 12-Feb-17 00:12:50

If those actions are isolated I would be thinking more thread worms.

Have you spoken to the named safeguarding person regarding this, what you have described sounds more like she's trying to itch and in the absence of anything else I cannot understand why the first thing that appear to have considered is that her behaviour is sexualised, but you are the one there seeing it, I am not.
So with that in mind if I were you I would be chatting to the named safeguarding person and/or the person you are directly responsible to and seeking their advice.

Do you not have a policy that tells you to do this?

wigglybeezer Sun 12-Feb-17 00:31:17

I know a small girl who used to "hump" cushions and soft toys from time to time and my sister used to wriggle back and forward on chairs, it's not very unusual and not any worse than small boys fiddling with their hands down their pants, they both do it because it feels nice and it is unlikely to be a result of abuse. At that age, distraction would be useful and if older lectures about what is appropriate in public.

user1484226561 Sun 12-Feb-17 00:33:34

sounds normal, I'm more surprised, if you have many children in your care, that she is the only one.

MargotLovedTom1 Sun 12-Feb-17 00:36:11

I saw this exact same thing posted earlier tonight, with loads of replies disagreeing with you confused.

InTheKitchenAtParties Sun 12-Feb-17 00:38:41

They always come out at night don't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now