Talk

Advanced search

Aptamil reflux milk

(4 Posts)
user1483700965 Sat 11-Feb-17 09:44:37

So after having swapped from sma milk to aptamil reflux milk on Sunday I'm wondering how I'm supposed to ever go out the house for more than an hour (she's feeding every two at times) because I can't work out how your supposed to make up a feed with this stuff on the go and they don't sell ready made pouches of the reflux milk?! Am I supposed to just stay in for the foreseeable? Wish I had looked properly before swapping but it was don't in desperation after little one being in pain and not much sleep for a few days! 😔 HELP!! Xx

Poorlybabysickday Sat 11-Feb-17 09:46:22

Just take little.powder pots out, with bottles of boiled water left to cool down. Put powder in bottle.when needed, and leave for 5 minutes to thicken. That's what I did!

user1483700965 Sat 11-Feb-17 09:56:22

Did you not worry by the time you needed it the water would be the wrong temp to mix properly? I might experiment with some bottles and leave them in bottle bag and see how warm they are after hour etc? Sorry know I'm being pedantic but little lady was born with low birth weight and hasn't been very well so am being extra pre cautious! X

HandbagFan Sat 11-Feb-17 10:41:51

The problem with what was suggested above is that the water won't be hot enough to kill any bacteria in the powder. I would also recommend the pots with powder, but also to take a flask of boiled water with you (I have a tommee tipped one). You can't leave it indefinitely as it will get too cold, but for a few hours it's above 70 degrees so safe to use. You can either leave it to cool / run under cold water once the bottle is made up or you could put in half the hot water and half cooler water to make the bottle up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now