Talk

Advanced search

How much milk for an 18 month old?

(7 Posts)
MatildasMumma2410 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:31:22

Hi all,

How much whole milk (in ounces) should my almost 18 month old dd be having during the day if she already has a couple of ounces of milk each night when she wakes? She has breakfast, lunch and dinner (but she's not a big eater) and she has around 9 ounces of whole milk before bed. I've read some parents give their LO's a bottle in the morning as well as bedtime but where my dd still had a small night feed I'm reluctant to in case she loses her appetite for breakfast (and a knock on effect for the rest of the day).

I'm just wondering what the guidelines are to ensure she's getting enough?

Thanks smile

clarabellski Fri 10-Feb-17 13:59:13

NHS guidelines here:

www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/milk-dairy-foods.aspx

Scroll down to 'dairy intake for babies and children under 5'

HTH

Scotinoz Fri 10-Feb-17 14:00:17

No idea what they 'should' have, but at 18mths my second daughter (now 21mths) was drinking about 150-200mls of regular full fat milk before breakfast and before bed. Along with 3 meals, 2 snacks and the occasional extra cup of milk if she looked hungry.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 10-Feb-17 14:02:08

The minimum until she's 2 is 300ml in 24 hours.

Bohemond Fri 10-Feb-17 14:05:36

Mine had 8oz when he woke up and 8oz before bed. It is the same now he is 2. He wakes at 7 and typically has breakfast at 8.30 so no impact on appetite.

redandwhite1 Sun 12-Feb-17 06:45:43

My 2.5 year old has about 450ml per day! Semi skimmed though

NickyEds Mon 13-Feb-17 11:24:06

My 19 month old has very little milk. She has some on cereal for breakfast and that's it. She just won't drink it- I've offered it warm/cold, many different cups etc but to no avail. I give her lots of other dairy to me make up for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now