Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Loose my crap or not?

(5 Posts)
user1486680412 Thu 09-Feb-17 22:49:33

I'm September we had a miscarriage at 12 weeks - we were and still are heartbroken. The care I recieved was awful and then I've just got some results to say that we could of lost that baby because of tissue left from csection with fist baby.

Anyway, hubby had been making from pretty crap decisions lately, including driving in the car without putting 3 year old in car seat (claims it was for 2 minutes) and then leaving him in the flat while he walked up the road - yes he was gone for 2 minutes but only because I caught him. I have only just started speaking I him and that happened a month ago. We were moving on and he agreed to counselling - he accepted he had done wrong.

Tonight I come home from work and ask what he had give toddler for dinner and he gave him a bowl of cheerios and a tin of ninja turtle spaghetti?!?

I am about to loose my peanuts right now - am I overreacting?

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 10-Feb-17 00:10:37

Was there better food in the house, could he have made a sandwich or something on toast instead?

It is a bit shit, but I don't think there's much point shouting and ranting about it. I'd ask him why that's all he gave him for tea, and make it clear (without getting upset/angry) that it isn't suitable food. Then see what he says.

TheEdgeofSeventeen Fri 10-Feb-17 00:22:17

I think its a bit shit but I also think you answered your own Q by mentioning your miscarriage (sorry for the loss ) - you're sensitive maybe and still v upset and maybe you need to talk to him about how you feel he's being a twot when caring for your child ? xxxx

88Nikki88 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:35:40

Sounds to me like your hubby may be really stressed, sounds like you've both had a really difficult time. I don't think losing it with him would make things any better. Could be his version of a cry for help? Giving your toddler that sort of a meal could be an indication that he is struggling, could he be depressed? I know that when I've had bad days cooking a wholesome meal is not at the top of my agenda. If he's not the one who usually prepares meals don't forget how difficult this might actually be for someone who's unused to it with a toddler around, especially if they are suffering from depression or another stress related disorder.

PeachBellini123 Mon 13-Feb-17 05:52:32

My thought was also tiredness/depression. Has he got anyone to discuss his feelings with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now