Talk

Advanced search

Other Parents Disciplining DS1yo

(8 Posts)
Tweedledee3Tweedledum Wed 08-Feb-17 15:35:34

My son is one year old. He tends to grab things off other babies when at his baby groups. One Mum in particular really takes umbrage at this. Even when my son doesn't take from her child.

I follow my son around, doing the old sorry to the parent, no grabbing to my son, give back to other baby dance, but it can become tedious, as obviously my son doesn't understand.

At one point when I was speaking with another parent, I hear this other mum saying no tweedledee, and grabbed the toy from his hand, handing it back to the other child.

Am I being the snowflake here, is this just what it's all about, or was she in the wrong?

EdenX Wed 08-Feb-17 15:40:03

Toddler snatches toy, mum hasn't noticed, nearest adult intervenes to hand it back. Hardly "discipline" is it?

overmydeadbody Wed 08-Feb-17 15:40:09

You're being a snowflake

And at a year old, your DS DOES understand, and he will learn quicker I everyone helps teach him.

wheresmycake Wed 08-Feb-17 15:40:38

YABU. She told him not to do something he shouldn't be doing. She didn't shout, smack him or even call you over in a huff.
So what if it wasn't her child who the thing had been taken from - she had probably seen it happening too many times and was just fed up.

ScarlettFreestone Wed 08-Feb-17 15:40:53

So she was next to your child and you weren't?

And she said the same thing to your child you would have done if you had observed the behaviour?

And you think she was unreasonable because...?

Tweedledee3Tweedledum Wed 08-Feb-17 15:42:14

Loud and clear. Thanks for the responses.

ScarlettFreestone Wed 08-Feb-17 15:49:04

Very gracious Tweedle smile

longdiling Wed 08-Feb-17 15:52:57

I know it's hard but try and think of it as the other parents helping you out - they're backing up what you're trying to teach him. Parenting is a long old game too, he may well be the most chilled out best behaved kid of the bunch in a couple of years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now