Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's children seem to be constantly poorly?

(5 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:24:39

Hi,

My son is nearly 13 months and seems to always be poorly. He has a cold, then a cough, then a cold again and the cycle goes on. He's also had sickness a few times, a viral infection of some sort with a rash, a period of diohrea, fevers and lots of pain with teething. He's got a fever again today (nursery had to call us) and another cough which he's had for a few days.

Is this normal? I know kids get ill, especially when starting nursery, but how do you know what's 'normal' or if I should be concerned about all these things. We've been to doctors and even the walk in centre a few times and they always say it's 'just' a cold or a temperature etc.

Anyone else's children like this?

Thanks.

DesignedForLife Tue 07-Feb-17 19:52:27

When DD started nursery at 1 it was like that yes. Back to back bugs. I think if you don't have it now you get it when they start school. Do you use multivitamins?

SummerSazz Tue 07-Feb-17 19:59:15

One of mine had recurrent ear infections and eczema. The other was pretty robust. They went to a childminder which reduced germ exposure I think and also don't immediately phone parents to collect for teething pain, mild stomach issues and low level cold snuffles. Since starting school (y5 and y4) they have both had 3-4 days for chickenpox and dd2 was sick once.

perfectlybroken Tue 07-Feb-17 19:59:15

Although it's pretty normal it's worth looking at his gut health, so maybe increasing natural live yoghurt and other foods with 'good' bacteria. I found a significant change in my school age constantly ill ds when we switched from bog standard milk to jersey or goats.

Summerdays2014 Wed 08-Feb-17 07:18:59

Thanks all. Designed, I've just started using a multivitamin. He was sick again last night but I think that was because of the fever. Not sure if I should take him to the doctor again or if I'm just being silly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now