Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cmpa and reflux support

(4 Posts)
leahbyrne08 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:47:10

Hi, my daughter is 4 months old and has reflux and cows milk protein allergy my dietician and health visitor has advised early weaning for her due to a lot of vomiting and her weight I was just wondering if anyone else had children with the same allergy and could tell me about when they started weaning and what they found helpful ☺️

MiaowTheCat Tue 07-Feb-17 20:30:40

DD2 had it - the reflux was the happy chucker type (not the discomfort type) once we got the CMPA sorted (she ended up on Neocate). Weaned her at 4 months on the dietician's say-so. I'll be honest - it didn't really help the reflux but made the vomit more interesting! She was at the longer end of the time-scale to outgrow the reflux and it was about the 1 year mark if I remember correctly. Went through dairy challenges at about 18 months and she'd outgrown what had been quite a severe intolerance by then as well.

She's now gone from being the most pissed off and unhappy baby going to being the happiest natured little almost-4 year old you'd ever meet.

leahbyrne08 Wed 08-Feb-17 16:41:32

Awwh thanks I'm glad to hear it! My little one is really struggling with her reflux bless her and she had really bad symptoms to cows milk I've been advised to wean her early at 4 months and I was wondering what other mums with children that are allergic to cows milk started with?

Craftycakey15 Sat 11-Feb-17 15:55:30

Im in the same position! My baby is three months and I was told by paed gastro to ween at 16 weeks. I have just changed to Alfamino, amino acid based milk but her reflux is coming back so we are moving from ranitidine to omeprazole liquid when it gets to pharmacy. I am researching dairy free, soya free food and low acidic to not aggravate the reflux so will be veg that I start with and then food. I am going to try one veg at a time for three days to see the reaction. Nerve-wracking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now