Talk

Advanced search

Any fun things to do with my 4 year old?

(25 Posts)
user1470244422 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:36:48

Any good fun games to play with my little boy? He's 4..
We love playing our games like frustration and operation (child ones) but he's so competitive..
He likes playing cars but it's limited what you can do and it gets boring quite quickly
Just looking for some fun games we can both enjoy maybe just made up ones or something fun we can make?
Thankyou!
X

nailslikeknives Sun 05-Feb-17 19:38:06

Love Pop up Pirate.
We play just by shoving all the swords in, not taking turns. Carnage but fun!

nailslikeknives Sun 05-Feb-17 19:39:19

Or to make, fortune tellers. They could even have a car theme :-)

Shop Sun 05-Feb-17 19:46:24

My 4 year old loves snap.
Toucan boxes are good and the first 1 is free.

Shop Sun 05-Feb-17 19:46:54

Oh & twister and snakes & ladders

SorenLorensonsInvisibleFriend Sun 05-Feb-17 19:49:53

We started posting Connect Four recently (my son is just five), and it's a big hit. Also like Pop Up Pirate and Operation, and dominoes.

SorenLorensonsInvisibleFriend Sun 05-Feb-17 19:51:13

Oh, and the Shopping List game and original memory style ones are always popular with my two - almost three-year-old and just-turned-five.

BlueChampagne Mon 06-Feb-17 12:50:54

Might he be interested in jigsaws? Co-operative rather than competitive.

Also Orchard Games do plenty for that age range.

GreenGoblin0 Mon 06-Feb-17 13:03:15

my 4yo loves guess who, dominoes and orchard games like shopping list.

also snap /pairs

NannyR Mon 06-Feb-17 13:10:54

I look after a four year old boy- at the moment his favourite things to do are Lego, Lego and more Lego!! When I can distract him from Lego, he loves to do jigsaws, brio train set and he still likes happy land. He's just got the hang of playing Uno (card game) and he really enjoys playing that with his older sisters, also dominoes, snap and jenga.

user1470244422 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:30:34

Thankyou everyone gonna do some card games ☺️ and I may buy pop up pirate I think he would love that! ☺️ xx

user1470244422 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:31:46

We do a lot of jigsaws too! ☺️was thinking of ne ideas because of school too I've started making him wordsearches which he really loves ☺️ xx

user1470244422 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:32:17

Green goblin what is the shopping list game? ☺️ xx

user1470244422 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:33:35

Connect 4 is another one on my list! Just don't know what the shopping list game is Soren? Xx

BikeRunSki Mon 06-Feb-17 14:36:33

Shopping List is a really good game. It's a combination of a memory game and Bingo. Easy enough for little ones (prob got it when DS was about 3) but ok for adults too.

shopping list

NannyR Mon 06-Feb-17 14:38:24

Shopping list is an orchard toys game. It's very popular and has been around for years! I bought one in Tesco a couple of weeks ago for about £7. If he likes wordsearches, you could also try dot to dot and maze books - both are great for pen control and concentration - lidl sometimes have good kids activity books like these.

wifework Mon 06-Feb-17 14:38:57

Rhino Hero is fun.

alwaysthepessimist Mon 06-Feb-17 14:40:10

The orchard games ranges - shopping list etc, my 4 yo dd loves junior monopoly and the new mousetrap game. Also she got Disney Eye Spy for Christmas - she is fab at it - I am complete rubbish smile

SallyGinnamon Mon 06-Feb-17 14:40:20

There's a book you can get on Amazon called I'm bored. Full of ideas of fun things to do with DC. All obvious stuff but stuff you don't always think of.

alwaysthepessimist Mon 06-Feb-17 14:41:05

oh another one I forget about is Junior Dobble - it's expensive but so much fun

Cheerybigbottom Mon 06-Feb-17 14:41:42

I got Wilkos version of connect 4 and guess who, £3 each and a massive hit here. Also my boyloves making lists at the mo so poundshop pad of paper and a poundshop clipboard and in house we make lists of everything from planets to cake flavours. cake

Free games include Rock Paper Scissors and noughts & crosses. He's a right cheat st Rock Paper Scissors though. hmm

Muddlingalongalone Mon 06-Feb-17 14:44:02

Eye found it is a fantastic game - it's collaborative rather than competitive.

He might be a little young yet because it can take a long time. My 5 year old dd (yr1) got it for Christmas and loves it, but worth remembering for the future.
Also it was heavily discounted at Christmas.
Orchard toys quack game was another hit with dd1 even though it was bought for Dd2. Memory/colours/animals

MewlingQuim Mon 06-Feb-17 14:46:07

Jenga. DD is annoyingly good at it hmm

She is also learning to play top trumps. She has to memorise the categories as she can't read them yet, but other than that it works well. She also plays with them on her own just sorting the cards. There are lots of different ones depending on your dcs interests.

My 4yo loves competitive games too. Current favourites are junior game of like, connect 4, pop up superhero game, snap and Humpty Dumpty. He likes the Elefun game too but I can't bear it so it often runs out of batteries wink

We play stuff like carpet 10 skittles too

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Mon 06-Feb-17 14:48:25

My 4 year old plays a game where we have an imaginary bag, we take turns pretending to open the bag and taking something out then the other person has to guess what is is. It can go on for HOURS 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now